DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Good for Punk and UFC. Their numbers have been on the rapid decline due to lack of healthy stars, and Punk wants to parlay his career of being a fake shoot fighter into a real one. One tomato can to build up some interest, then a couple of real fights where he gets slaughtered. It's big money.

Not saying he will be the next Anderson Silva (my UFC knowledge isnt vast, I just threw a name, a huge name out) but is it fair to think he is gonna get his ass kicked to eternity? He has been training with the Gracie's and they know their shit and he knows how to protect himself. I would say its fair to assume he will hold his own in the octagon. I don't think he is gonna do what Brock did but I don't think he is gonna go in and get his head kicked off.

So earlier I was browsing youtube and this random channel that uploads old WCW shows popped up and it had a WCW World Wide from 91 with Stan Hansen and Sid Vicious as a tag team and they absolutley murdered some jobber tag team. One of the guys was named Keith Hart (I don't think it was THAT Keith Hart) and he took the brunt of the ass whopping including a back drop that sent him a legit 10 feet in the air.

You describe this as a thing of beauty and don't post the video. Da hale.

Not saying he will be the next Anderson Silva (my UFC knowledge isnt vast, I just threw a name, a huge name out) but is it fair to think he is gonna get his ass kicked to eternity? He has been training with the Gracie's and they know their shit and he knows how to protect himself. I would say its fair to assume he will hold his own in the octagon. I don't think he is gonna do what Brock did but I don't think he is gonna go in and get his head kicked off.

He's a jiu-jitsu hobbyist who trains with a Gracie that's never even fought MMA. He has no other sports background at all.

• Like 3

Not for nothing but Scorpio Sky seems to be doing alright in MMA, he is currently 2-0.  Now its amateur and not UFC by any means but a pro wrestler can make the transition.

If he sticks to 185 Silva is waiting for him and at 170 GSP is there waiting.  Now I have yet to get up to the champions and he has been training with the Gracie's so you know he might have a chance of doing something.

I was weirdly happy for Punk when he said on that podcast that he had $20 million.  I was thinking of all the things he could do...but more importantly all the things he could AVOID EVER DOING AGAIN LIKE GETTING KICKED OR PUNCHED IN THE BRAIN BECAUSE HE DOESN"T HAVE TO TO LIKE EAT AND SHIT!!!!

Some people, man.

• Like 1

Remember when Dana called Kimbo Slice a sideshow act? I guess it's different when he's profiting off the sideshow.

Anyway, the Sid/Stan Hansen jobber squash video can be found in the Sid Vicious Wrestler of the Day thread, along with some other fun squash matches. Sid press slamming one jobber from inside the ring onto the other jobber laid out on a stretcher is a thing of beauty.

• Like 1