DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

I never could figure out which one was Ding and which was Dong.

Oh Lord, cool arrow has been JR this whole time...

I don't give a shit what people say about it, that Ding Dongs Clash match is one of the greatest clusterfucks I've ever seen.   When the Ding Dong rings the bell one too many times and it falls off the post and the crowd cheers, I dare you not to smile.

Awesome dog. Also, off topic: The guitar behind his head. It looks like an ESP from what I can see-- if it's the model I'm thinking, James Hetfield played one at the 2003 MTV Icon: Metallica thing (in black). What is that model called? I've been trying to think of it for years now. It's not the Grinch, it's not the Viper, it's not the Spider...

Damn, you have a good eye. It's an ESP LTD F-50. Not very expensive and used a lot, not particularly well. 

Actually, do wrestlers often use their work names when they're away from the business, not doing media, etc.?

At least when booking limos, WWE's travel department uses wrestlers' real names.

My brother worked for a car service that frequently did business with WWE.  He knew nothing about wrestling since the 80s so he didn't know about the wrestlers he had to pick up outside of the huge names like Rock.  Once day he called me and said, "I had to pick up some guy named Oscar Gutierrez.  Is he a wrestler?  He's really short!"

• Like 3

PWI would have to get someone to scan all that shit, you guys.

I like to believe that they hire interns to go where they keep their archives and scan the back issues but they keep getting scared away by the ghost of Dan Shockett.

• Like 4

Teddy Hart (Edward Annis), the third generation Hart family member, is currently wanted for several charges, including sexual assault in Edmonton, Canada.    The Toronto Sun is reporting that Hart has several charges that have been brought against him by two different women, one aged 24 and the other aged 40, including a single count of sexual assault and unlawful confinement for each victim and three charges of assault.

From PWinsider and Toronto Sun.  

All I can say about this is WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE KITTENS  -_-

I am amazed that in one month we have gone from hating AJ and Punk (poor top rope elbow) to loving Punk to loving Vince and back to loving Punk (despite his poor top rope elbow).

For the record, I never hated Punk. I think it became "fashionable" around these parts for some to hate Punk.

• Like 2

Never hated Punk, and I'm still the biggest AJ Lee mark around.

I love/hate Vince.

I second the love/hate with Vince. I LOVE that he has kept this art form alive that I have loved for so much of my life. I HATE the fact that things I love about wrestling, he seems to want to bury and forget ever happened and re-writes history as he does it.

I'm not always the most perceptive wrestling fan apparently.

Matt D

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

You know, I actually kind of like Pandering Punk. I felt like his babyface run before was a bit too forced with a bit too much pressure. He never seemed like he was enjoying himself because he was trying to be too cool (save for maybe when he brought Fink out). He actually seems to be having a ball now, especially on the apron in tags.

That's way worse than me screwing around about Cody Rhodes' facial expressions during dropkicks during March Madness. 

I am amazed that in one month we have gone from hating AJ and Punk (poor top rope elbow) to loving Punk to loving Vince and back to loving Punk (despite his poor top rope elbow).

Punk has his fans and anti-fans, as well as people who fall in between. What changes it what prompts people to get vocal about their preferences.

I always liked Punk and I hope he is happy and good to see that he got out before any significant damage to his long-term health occurred.  

If he never wrestles again and I just watch him on Talking Dead then that is fine with me.

I hope his first interview opens some doors healthwise regarding concussions.

I have worked for family owned businesses and seen both sides in disputes like this, owner and employee.  It is not pretty but hopefully both Punk and Vince can find a middle ground and even if Punk never comes back they can text or converse because he has some good ideas to offer.

If Vince can make up with Bret, he'll make up with Punk.  HHH, on the other hand...

I'll be honest, I hate Chris Hardwick, I hate @Midnight, I hate Talking Dead, and I hate The Nerdist.  Punk bugs the shit out of me when he puts on that hat and does that schtick. 

But I do miss seeing the guy in wrestling.

• Like 3

If Punk never wrestles again, that's fine.  I mean, he didn't leave anywhere near his peak as a character or in-ring. 

But some point down the line, I damn sure want him to do a Hall of Fame speech.

I'll be bummed if Punk doesn't wrestle again, but I understand why. He's what got me back into wrestling though, and I can honestly say he's one of my top 3 favorite wrestlers of all time.

• Like 1