DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

From the November thread and what to do about WrestleMania...

After a Superman punch, as Reigns is going for the cover on Lesnar, Heyman pulls the ref out of the ring.  Then Mercury and Noble hit the ring and jump on Reigns as Rollins' music hits and he comes running out with Scott Armstrong but before Armstrong can ring the bell, Ambrose hits the ring and chases Rollins into the crowd.

Then the lights go out.

When they come back on, Reigns is out on the floor and THE MONSTER MENG! has Noble and Mercury in a double Tongan Death Grip while Lesnar is being tied up with a bullrope by BUNKHOUSE BUCK!  Colonel Parker picks up Rollins' abandoned MITB case and drills Heyman in the head and then hands it to referee Armstrong.  Armstrong refuses to ring the bell but then Meng starts karate chopping the air so Armstrong rings the bell, Buck rolls the tied up Lesnar over and 1-2-3!  NEW WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THIS WORLD, BUNKHOUSE BUCK!

And San Francisco goes banana!  It's a WrestleMania miracle!  The Network is saved!

• Like 10

After a Superman punch, as Reigns is going for the cover on Lesnar, Heyman pulls the ref out of the ring.  Then Mercury and Noble hit the ring and jump on Reigns as Rollins' music hits and he comes running out with Scott Armstrong but before Armstrong can ring the bell, Ambrose hits the ring and chases Rollins into the crowd.

Then the lights go out.

When they come back on, Reigns is out on the floor and THE MONSTER MENG! has Noble and Mercury in a double Tongan Death Grip while Lesnar is being tied up with a bullrope by BUNKHOUSE BUCK!  Colonel Parker picks up Rollins' abandoned MITB case and drills Heyman in the head and then hands it to referee Armstrong.  Armstrong refuses to ring the bell but then Meng starts karate chopping the air so Armstrong rings the bell, Buck rolls the tied up Lesnar over and 1-2-3!  NEW WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THIS WORLD, BUNKHOUSE BUCK!

And San Francisco goes banana!  It's a WrestleMania miracle!  The Network is saved!

It would be amazing because there would be like 20 guys on DVDVR who would be completely enthused (Myself included) and the rest of the internet would be OUTRAGED: "Yeah, Bunkhouse Buck, that'll put asses in the seats!" "Are you being sarcastic man?" "I don't even know anymore."

I always told myself I'd never be one of those "You Still Got It!!" people but... well done, man.

That's only a shitty chant when it's done for people who patently haven't still got it.

Does anyone know when Vince Russo would have filmed his interviews for the Monday Night Wars series? 

His appearances are so random.

Probably because of some confusion about whether he was or was not under contract for TNA at the time...

Pretty sure that's what happened with RVD in TNA.  Of course he was their champion when his dates ran out, because TNA.

And in typical TNA fashion they had two choices.

1)Re-do the deal to extend his being there on television and on the road.

2)Abyss nearly "stabs" him to death with Janice and he's written off for a few months, comes back and doesn't make too big of a deal about it.

This is TNA so we all know what the logical choice was for them.

• Like 1

I understand the wrestling logic of "I'll take a bit of damage with this move to do a lot of damage to my opponent" but Foley's elbow always looked more brutal on himself than his opponent.

Yes, it was called the Hipbuster -- the only move named for the damage it does to the wrestler who performs it

From a kayfabe standpoint, I always assumed Cactus' elbow drop to the floor was more a mind game than anything - something to get over that Cactus was crazy/dangerous and would do anything to hurt you - even hurt himself in the process.  From a worker's standpoint, it was a what-the-hell moment that got Cactus over.  At the time, he bounced around a lot and never quite seemed over.  I considered him something of a jtts before he got to the WWE. 

Random note: Cactus put on a lot of weight during his various stints in WCW, Texas, Japan, etc.  Foley has said it was from things like traveling with Abdullah the Butcher and generally eating a lot of road food, but, at the time, I figured he was on steroids.  Looking back, the idea that Cactus was roiding up while in WCW is.... yeah.  Cactus was getting bigger, alright, but also a lot softer.  Definitely not a symptom of steroid use.  More like mainlining cheeseburgers.

From a kayfabe standpoint, I always assumed Cactus' elbow drop to the floor was more a mind game than anything - something to get over that Cactus was crazy/dangerous and would do anything to hurt you - even hurt himself in the process.  From a worker's standpoint, it was a what-the-hell moment that got Cactus over.  At the time, he bounced around a lot and never quite seemed over.  I considered him something of a jtts before he got to the WWE. 

Random note: Cactus put on a lot of weight during his various stints in WCW, Texas, Japan, etc.  Foley has said it was from things like traveling with Abdullah the Butcher and generally eating a lot of road food, but, at the time, I figured he was on steroids.  Looking back, the idea that Cactus was roiding up while in WCW is.... yeah.  Cactus was getting bigger, alright, but also a lot softer.  Definitely not a symptom of steroid use.  More like mainlining cheeseburgers.

I remember there was a kayfabe interview in one of the Apter mags where the interviewer was disgusted by Jack’s eating habits while he was on the road. He said he only ate bologna on pimento loaf and washed it down with water from the toilet tank of whatever motel he was staying at. Knowing how frugal Mick is, that part of the interview might have actually been true.

• Like 1

How does one see the Iron Shiek documentary? Is it On Demand? Netflix?

No where yet.

I am sure there are... ways... to see it now

But it doesn't appear to have been "released" yet.

Though usually documentaries get the "On Demand same day as theater" treatment

How does one see the Iron Shiek documentary? Is it On Demand? Netflix?

No where yet.

I am sure there are... ways... to see it now

But it doesn't appear to have been "released" yet.

Though usually documentaries get the "On Demand same day as theater" treatment

I just heard of it for the first time this morning because there was a review on IGN's front page.

So the motel was so cheap they had a toilet but no bathroom sink?

Talk to Stu Saks, Eddie Ellner, Matt Brock or Liz Hunter. One of them probably did the interview.

If it was the one where Jack spent paragraphs professing his admiriation for "Spaceman" Frank Hickey, then I would actually swear that it was Bob Smith (or possibly Dave Rosenbaum).

Talk to Stu Saks, Eddie Ellner, Matt Brock or Liz Hunter. One of them probably did the interview.

If it was the one where Jack spent paragraphs professing his admiriation for "Spaceman" Frank Hickey, then I would actually swear that it was Bob Smith (or possibly Dave Rosenbaum).

Actually, I think that's the one. I wish these were all online somewhere.

Actually, I think that's the one. I wish these were all online somewhere.

I really don't understand why PWI doesn't just release all their back issues online and charge a nominal fee for the access.  I'd gladly drop a few bucks to relive 1986.

In case you were wondering why Heath Slater is trending worldwide on Twitter right now.  According to Fox 5 Atlanta:

In a breaking report, it appears that WWE Superstar Heath Slater is in hot water with the law. An arrest warrant has been issued for the former WWE Tag-Team Champion today stemming from an incident after a WrestleMania 27 after-party. The incident happened in 2011, which makes many wonder about why it was just now being taken care of.

Man Titus O Neil has terrible luck with tag team partners