DVDVR Message Board

Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana v2.0

Rev Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Goldberg was a huge dick during that interview. I think that's just his personality, though. 

I'm having a hard time remembering what was particularly dickish about it.  I mostly recall he was just a guy who got into wrestling to make money and wasn't markish or hung up on wrestling's stupid "traditions."  I thought it was funny that he refused to give up the front seat of the car to Raven.

It was at the beginning too. Goldberg, on two or three occasions, would say in response to one of Colt's questions, "Well, this was in my book if you had read it..." and Colt would have to push the guy to elaborate because it's fucking radio. At other times, Goldberg was extremely hesitant to play along with Colt and Colt was just left twisting in the wind.

Colt may have finally learned how to do live podcasts. Usually they're unlistenable, but he nailed it with Hacksaw, Douglas and Valentine. 

Maybe because it sounded like there was one guy in the audience but that was a good one.  In an era of rambling 90 minute podcast interviews, all three of those guys told good stories and made good impressions in about 25 minutes apiece.

I'm slowly catching up on Colt's podcast (had issues downloading them, so I stopped listening for a few months) and Cliff Compton's story about being hired for a batchlorette party, and having the bride-to-be proclaim "You found a Domino impersonator" was fucking fantastic.

• Like 1

WWE physician Chris Amann filed a lawsuit against Phil "C.M. Punk" Brooks and Scott "Colt Cabana" Colton over comments made in the November 26 "The Art of Wrestling" podcast. Amann accuses Brooks of "repeatedly and falsely impugned the integrity" of him as a physician.

Amann alleges that Colton helped Brooks falsely depict him as a lazy and bad doctor, and that both men "knowingly fabricated the false and disparaging statements."

Amann is seeking over $1 million in compensatory damages and an undetermined amount of punitive damages.

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?WWE-News-C.M.-Punk-and-Colt-Cabana-sued-by-WWE-doctor-41017

http://cookcountyrecord.com/issues/310-defamation/270487-defamation-lawsuit-pits-wwe-doctor-against-two-wrestlers

Haven't listened to Colt's interview with Vader yet but based on his Austin and JR appearances, he's probably one of the more disappointing podcast guests I've always wanted to hear talk at length.  He's kind of a low energy guy.  Maybe Colt can come at him from a fresh angle to get something out of him.

They talk mostly about his time in Japan and his very early career in AWA and Otto Vanz and don't really touch much on his time in WCW and WWF. So if you're curious on how his contract was bought out from AWA so he could go to Japan and things like that, there ya go