DVDVR Message Board

UFC 181: Hendricks vs. Lawler II (12/6/2014) - Las Vegas, NV (Mandalay Bay Events Center)

Elsalvajeloco

I thought Hendricks won the every round except for the first and the fifth is debatable, but no way did Robbie win that fight.

Robbie winning gives Rory a better chance at winning than title than it would if Hendricks had won.

I could see 48-47 Lawler (even one of the guys doing PBP for Sherdog had that score) but 49-46? Hewwlnaw. Hendricks had some beautiful combinations ending with leg kicks in the middle rounds that should've done enough for him to retain.

I've seen a lot of people give round 1 to Lawler forgetting that Lawler only controlled the first half of that round at best before Johny took over on striking and scored a takedown. That was how that round ended. Only close round was 4.

Judging completely overvalued Lawler stuffing Johny's takedowns and ignored Johny teeing off with leg kicks.

Hendricks gets an automatic rematch guaranteed.

Honestly, I'm not upset about the decision.  No way I thought Lawler won 4 rounds.  I gave him rounds 1 and 5 definitely.  Maybe his flurry at the end of round 4 was enough plus all of Hendricks' stalling.

Hendricks actually had some good kickboxing int he fight, but he slowed down a lot in the last two rounds.

Hendricks and Lawler bet start barring their windows and getting new security at their homes.  MacDonald's not going to be happy after tonight.

I like how Nevada (well essentially just Vegas) lost out on a ton of major boxing fights in the last 2 1/2 years due to inside politics  and decide instead to have shitty judging for major MMA fights. Amazing.

Not even Robbie's corner thought he was winning the fight as they were pressuring him during the last 2 rounds to finish the fight if he wanted to win it.

was rooting HARD for Lawler to win. gave him round 5 for sure and 1 most likely. thought 4 was the closest, but gave that to Hendricks fairly easily. no way in hell should Lawler have been a 49-46 winner. i can't even begin to imagine where the nod from round 2 came from.

anyways, outside of a couple major upsets on the Fox card next weekend, i won the UFC 2014 pool between my friends. so i guess i really have nothing to complain about. thanks, Glenn Trowbridge.