DVDVR Message Board

Happy Thanksgiving

Craig H

I just wanted to say thanks to Dean, Rippa and everyone else for keeping this board going, as annoying and expensive as it can be. Y'all don't need to do that, but you do, and I appreciate that.

Additional thanks for the support you guys gave me in the early days of my divorce. You guys made those times a bit easier. This hasn't been the easiest year, but I'm happy the board was here to provide laughs, support, information, etc.

• Like 11

Power went out for 45 minutes, delaying cooking and depriving me of a little football.  FORTUNATELY, it was far less worse than it could have been, [and is for at least one friend of mine on the east coast (and probably more).  Weather knocked down a tree which knocked down her power lines.]

But she was able to get online and let me know she and hers were physically okay.

45 minutes waiting on PG&E ain't nothin, in the grand scheme of things.

Power's back on, game's back on, bird is [turned sideways and has had stuffing stuffed straight up its candy ass] and in the oven.  And internet is back up in time for me to join in.

I remember green and yellow days.  Came for the sleaze thread and decided to stay.  And perhaps more importantly given that arrival date, I've been allowed to stay.  :) Don't even really watch the 'rasslin much anymore but you guys are the greatest for talking Life, The Universe, and Everything with.

Listening to Thanksgiving themed radio shows I heard a great moment on the Phil Harris radio show.  He had his daughters come and visit his band before the show and they could request any song they wanted.  So it went like this:

Phil Harris: Any song you want to hear, kid!

Kid: How about "The Farmer in the Dell!"

PH: Heh. Heh.  Now, come on.  These are highly skilled and mostly sober musicians led by your old man, one of the great band leaders of the world!  You can ask for something harder than that!

Kid: Um...how about Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C# minor

PH: {pause} Anything you want, sweetheart....WELL YOU HEARD HER FELLAS, THE FARMER'S IN THE DELL...and 2 3 4...

Happy Thanksgiving, all. As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

I've probably told this story before, but my senior year of high school, I took a class in radio production at a different, bigger school that filled up the entire second half of my day (between the two hour class and the bus ride each way.)

My teacher showed us this episode the day before Thanksgiving with the caveat that if we didn't laugh, he would assume we weren't human.  God is it brilliant.