DVDVR Message Board

Raw 11-24-14

MGFanJay

So you bully your sister for months, and the payoff is her becoming a willing accomplice? Somehow I don't think that's how the Be A Star folks drew that one up. It's quite the broken aesop.

Between Ferguson and "Seven Chances" on TCM, not a whole lot on this show to keep my interest. You'd think Bryan wouldn't book a show that went a good half hour before a single match started.

Yeah, I am uninterested in Brie too. :( The really odd part was that she spent the last 5 months being the only thing Daniel Bryan related on the show and there was no interaction at all between the two.

edit:

Also, last night was the first time I really went 'fuck this writing time' in a long, long time. Since 2002, the only thing that has really kept my interest has been the divas. It could be that I am a female viewer, or whatever. But I really dig the Bellas (obivously). But nevermind the fucking brick wall they hit regarding Brive vs Nikki and the massive "Huh?" the last two WWE shows. Having AJ call them shanks and flat out say they slept to the top was totally disrespectful to the wrestlers. Does nepotism exist in wrestling? Yes, yes it does. However, that kind of attitude is what really fucked up about the divas.

They wasted all that time on the Bellas just so AJ, a woman who clearly does NOT want to be there, can all them shanks. She fucking buried them. Good job Mrs. CM Punk. Maybe THAT is why the fans chant for your husband and not you. Fuck off and go back to the kitchen and make yourself a sammach.

• Like 1

I remember when Eddy turned on Tajiri, only for fans to reject the heel turn (leading to him facing Lesnar) and for Tajiri to turn heel on Mysterio a few weeks later (and join with Akio and Sakoda). Mark Henry didn't turn face (though he did have a nice chuckle when the Pledge was suggested), but Show turning heel this quickly after being turned on has got to be some kind of record.

All I want for Christmas is heel Mark Henry and heel Big Show wreaking havoc together on the tag team division (such as it is).

I like that idea a lot but there's a lack of babyface teams, though The New Day may change that (Rowan and Swagger would also be a decent babyface team I think).

So Rusev's a face right? Evil GM forces him to go against his beliefs (saying the pledge of allegiance) or lose his title (defend it in an unwinnable match against the entire roster) because that's what I got out it.

Also AJ was talking about herself too with that talent is not sexually transmitted line correct?

• Like 1

Also AJ was talking about herself too with that talent is not sexually transmitted line correct?

AJ is apparently the least self-aware person ever. Calling Brie a skank? Erm... Bryan, Punk, Kane, Cena, Dolph, Primo, Hornswoggle, am I forgetting anyone (of course, this doesn't make her a skank, but she's not exactly in a position to be calling anyone else that).

• Like 1

AJ is apparently the least self-aware person ever. Calling Brie a skank? Erm... Bryan, Punk, Kane, Cena, Dolph, Primo, Hornswoggle, am I forgetting anyone (of course, this doesn't make her a skank, but she's not exactly in a position to be calling anyone else that).

I don't think she meant to call her a skank (she was more insinuating that just because she's sleeping with Bryan doesn't mean she can wrestle like Bryan), the choice of words made it seem that way.  And there's a ton of irony in that statement anyways. 

What exactly is AJs gimmick at this point? Is she a heel? Is she a face? Are her promos supposed to be shooty cool? Are they supposed to be condescending?

I truly have no idea. She still sells like a champ. 

The only constant is that she takes the divas title seriously. 

Let's bring back the anonymous GM because these writers only know how to write wrestling one way: with the crutch of authority figures to drive the plot.  Fucking amazing.

WWE has been nothing but variations on Mr. McMahon for going on 17 years now.  Just let that sink in. Close to two decades.  The creative inertia of this company is astounding.

• Like 2

What exactly is AJs gimmick at this point? Is she a heel? Is she a face? Are her promos supposed to be shooty cool? Are they supposed to be condescending?

Pretty sure Punk has been teaching her how to cut a promo.

Pretty sure Punk has been teaching her how to cut a promo.

Which goes back to the original point of talent not being sexually transmitted

Let's bring back the anonymous GM because these writers only know how to write wrestling one way: with the crutch of authority figures to drive the plot.  Fucking amazing.

WWE has been nothing but variations on Mr. McMahon for going on 17 years now.  Just let that sink in. Close to two decades.  The creative inertia of this company is astounding.

It's surprising that creative (read: Vince McMahon) thinks this company needs to rely on Vince McMahon's TV character????

• Like 1

When Mark Henry had that subtle chuckle in the background after Rusev was given his stip, that was a superb little bit of acting.

Henry is standing next to a guy (after teaming with him the night before) with whom he recently had a bitter feud in which he failed his country.

Mark Henry is so damn great.  

• Like 1