DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/21/14

victor

Cesaro's burial continues. But looks okay.

* Triple H kicks off SmackDown with a promo about Team Cena vs. Team Authority at Survivor Series.

* Lana and Rusev come out next to heat. Rusev defeats Dolph Ziggler in a good even match.

* We get another New Day vignette with Kofi Kingston, Big E and Xavier Woods.

* Los Matadores vs. The Miz and Damien Sandow is next. There’s more tension between Miz and Sandow. Matadores get the win.

* Dean Ambrose comes out for his Survival Kit segment in the ring. He talks about how he got jumped when he was a kid so his mom gave his brass knuckles. Bray Wyatt interrupted the segment on the big screen and talked about Survivor Series.

* AJ Lee came out dressed as Nikki Bella and defeated Brie Bella in a non-title match.

* Luke Harper defeated Cesaro with a Torture Rack in under three minutes. Harper and Erick Rowan are still using the same theme. Rowan and Harper teased a fight but didn’t go at it.

* More vignettes for A New Day.

* Team Cena cuts a promo about how they will not have fear on Sunday. Triple H has ruled that if The Authority wins, Team Cena is fired.

* Seth Rollins and Kane vs. Ryback and Big Show is next. Ryback is on fire until Triple H comes out with Team Authority. Triple H orders them to attack. Triple H also uses a steel chair on Team Cena. They focus the attack on Ryback. Triple H drops Ryback with a Pedigree. Team Authority stands tall over Ryback to end SmackDown.

On the one hand - yay! Finally a stipulation in case Team Authority wins.

On the other hand - boo! We all know how firing angles in WWE work.

I look forward to Mick Foley, RAW GM the day after Survivor Series.

On the plus side, this adds some intrigue to the outcome. It was obvious that Team Authority was going over if they were the only ones who had anything to lose. On the minus side, this guarantees that the outcome will be completely meaningless. We all remember what happened the last time Cena got fired, right? And Stephanie is far too entrenched as the top heel to go away for any length of time.

• Like 1

When nobody can decide what to do until the day of, this is how all these decisions come about. Give up on shit having continuity, build, or making sense when Vince can change his mind in an hour and flip the script. They treat Chicago, Montreal, Philly, NYC, Boston, British crowds like they are Bizarro World... to anyone who watches regular and has any expectation EVERY SHOW is usually Bizarro World.

Why I even bothered writing that I have no idea

Why the hell is Luke Harper wrestling Cesaro? Weren't they allies on Monday?

I saw another report that says it was Rowan that fought Cesaro, which is the only explanation that makes any sense.

In other news Jack Swagger had a match against Bray Wyatt on Main Event, which means they can't even keep their own goddamn storylines straight. Last week on Raw Cena announced Swagger as a member of Team Cena, then he got taken out by the Authority, which meant he could no longer compete at Survivor Series. And now he's back before Survivor Series. This makes no sense. Isn't there a single member on the writing team that remembers, what happened one goddamn week ago?

I am curious when they say that Team Authority was beaten up at the end was it all of Team Authority INCLUDING Cena.  I would find it funny if like RAW everyone gets beat up and Cena just stands there like a moron and does nothing

Hopefully this isn't leading to a Ryback vs Triple H feud.   That will do nothing for him

I almost feel bad for Rowan. Remember a couple of years ago, when the WWE was turning guys left and right, but couldn't be bothered to come up with any storylines explaining why guys were suddenly faces after spending so much time as heels? Remember how well that worked out for Miz and Del Rio? Yeah, Rowan is screwed.

I almost feel bad for Rowan. Remember a couple of years ago, when the WWE was turning guys left and right, but couldn't be bothered to come up with any storylines explaining why guys were suddenly faces after spending so much time as heels? Remember how well that worked out for Miz and Del Rio? Yeah, Rowan is screwed.

Del Rio had a storyline. He was defending his best and only friend in the world Ricardo and turned into an action hero. Then he ended up being American made and was no longer rich for some reason.

* AJ Lee came out dressed as Nikki Bella and defeated Brie Bella in a non-title match.

How many times are the writers going to get "Opponent must impersonate or imitate AJ Lee.  AJ does the same in retaliation.  Feelings are hurt" when they shake their Magic 8-Ball for ideas on AJ Lee feuds?

It would be AWESOME if Cena went down first, but that dude is pinning probably EVERYONE in that match.

I'm pretty certain that Vince feels that Cena HAS to be the centerpoint since this will have more eyes than usual. 

Creative seems to be doing everything in its power to ensure that it won't.