DVDVR Message Board

Survivor Series XXVIII

Dolfan in NYC

Remember that one year when they built a SD Suvivor Series match up and the show (or the show before the show before), they realized that the "not important to SD" side was just a bunch of jobbers and so they had ONE match to book them off the show?

Wasn't that Bragging Rights?

Our one chance for an Eric Escobar ppv appearance...

Remember that one year when they built a SD Suvivor Series match up and the show (or the show before the show before), they realized that the "not important to SD" side was just a bunch of jobbers and so they had ONE match to book them off the show?

Wasn't that Bragging Rights?

Our one chance for an Eric Escobar ppv appearance...

Probably. But if so, why run a gimmick PPV around brand warfare before Survivor Series?

WWE sent out an email regarding Survivor Series with the following tidbit:

BAD NEWS BARRETT SET TO RETURN SUNDAY

Four months after suffering a severe shoulder injury, Bad News Barrett will make his triumphant return this Sunday on the Survivor Series Kickoff. Will he be the only WWE Superstar making his comeback? Tune in to find out! 

Roman, Randy, and/or Bryan? Even if it's just for a knee or one attack, having Bryan come out to put the nail in the coffin of the Authority would be the fitting ending.

Four months after suffering a severe shoulder injury, Bad News Barrett will make his triumphant return this Sunday on the Survivor Series Kickoff. Will he be the only WWE Superstar making his comeback? Tune in to find out! 

Roman, Randy, and/or Bryan? Even if it's just for a knee or one attack, having Bryan come out to put the nail in the coffin of the Authority would be the fitting ending.

On Jericho's podcast, he said that

Fandango with Rosa as his new dancer

will be coming back on the show.

• Like 1

On Jericho's podcast, he said that

Fandango with Rosa as his new dancer

will be coming back on the show.

You know, I kinda feel bad for the guy. Being put in a spot like this, where the fans are thinking it's one of the other guys, and they find out, "Oh, it's just you." They'd almost been better of if they would have flipped it and announced *spoiler* and leave BNB for the secret.

There are three things rumored to be happening tonight. Two has been discussed in this thread and the 3rd potentially will have the biggest ramifications of any recent WWE decision relating to on-screen personalities. I will definitely check out WWE stock on Monday to see it drop even further.

I'd say that third thing is not going to happen, but I also don't think the person who is saying that it will is the type to just say stuff like that, so...I'm assuming it's all noise and WWE personnel is "leaking" a bunch of shit just to confuse everyone. 

I still don't get that argument. nWo and Austin 3:16 shirts seemed to sell okay. Yeah, things are different but it could be one of the things that the company needs to galvanize itself out of this boring mess they've been in.

Apparently Cena's merchandise outsells everyone on the roster combined.  It is hard to potentially lose that much unless you have a backdoor to protect yourself like the details of the Team Cena stipulation I posted.

Galvanizing merchandise sales requires other things like being more creative with the merchandise which is outside of Cena being a face or heel.

As an example, selling leggings and yoga pants for the Divas to capture the women's market or Bray Wyatt hats and lanterns.  More creativity with the merchandise is outside of the Cena character. 

There are three things rumored to be happening tonight. Two has been discussed in this thread and the 3rd potentially will have the biggest ramifications of any recent WWE decision relating to on-screen personalities. I will definitely check out WWE stock on Monday to see it drop even further.

Eva Marie is returning tonight?! Holy fuck!

• Like 1

As someone who has brought a piece of WWE merchandise recently, I love my Brie Mode shirt.

There are 5 announced matches for the show. So, the main event goes an hour? That's gonna be one dead as crowd. Tho the card placement could be interesting. 3 of the other 4 matches have all gotten the same about of build it seems, so anyone of them could be the co-main event.

As someone who has brought a piece of WWE merchandise recently, I love my Brie Mode shirt.

There are 5 announced matches for the show. So, the main event goes an hour? That's gonna be one dead as crowd. Tho the card placement could be interesting. 3 of the other 4 matches have all gotten the same about of build it seems, so anyone of them could be the co-main event.

I am thinking of more variety with respect to women's merchandise like leggings, yoga pants, workout clothes, sports bras, makeup (?) and lingerie (?).  More than the standard shirts, bracelets, and tank tops. 

With such a strong division I am surprised that the women's merchandise is not more tailored towards women.  The selections are nice but pretty basic.  They are missing a lot of product categories.

That would help diversify sales and point them towards new customers and markets.

Would you buy Brie Mode yoga pants if they were black with pink letting down the sides?

Would you buy Brie Mode yoga pants if they were black with pink letting down the sides?

Probably not as that's not my style. But they would sell I think. Same if they slapped BRIE MODE across the ass. People are even buying their logo'ized jewlery.

I've always said for YEARS that the biggest blown merchandise opportunity has been the chance to make Barbie dolls. I collect Barbies, have have nieces who play with Barbies, and every damn store that sells toys sell Barbies. I know the internets love any chance they can to hate on the Bellas, but they have found their niche on Twitter as the divas that inspire female twitter users of all ages to be #FearlessNikki and to go into #BrieMode. If they made Barbie dolls out of the Bellas, there would be little doubt that they would move several to say the least.

And how come none of y'all are talking about the epoch-ness of Wyatt vs Ambrose? Was it another case of people thinking two "good" people should be "good" together? Either the WWE has forgotten how to book feuds with two good talents or someone needs to reevaluate their fantasy booking tbh

• Like 1

I've never allowed myself to get invested in Bray/Dean because I have zero faith they can pull it off. Neither guy can afford a loss at this point so more than likely we'll get a shit finish. To me as good as these two are this just reeks of a time filler feud.

This main event should've been a Dean Ambrose lead army of rebels to bring down Rollins and the Authority.

• Like 2