DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 11-3-14

MGFanJay

Guess where I live at, people aren't raging bigots. I just don't see how basing a heel's heat on all things Mother Russia is supposed to have any reason to care.

tumblr_inline_mtbrvp8lDy1qbjc85.gif

So, what makes Rusev someone we should boo? Mini hosses with chicks who where mini skirts doesn't seem the most "must see" thing.

But I also have a hate for people who go on about how someone "would've worked better in the 80's" Fuck that. If it's good, it will work in any age. People just can't stand that the crowds don't care for Rusev. They don't boo when he wins. And they really, really didn't give a shit when he won the belt last night.

This is dicey because it had the potential to completely de-rail the topic, so I'll say this and nothing more: Russia's been up to some bad shit recently.

What else would you expect from WWE's writers, but a lame attempt at comedy for Erick Rowan? I'm afraid to think of what they could possibly come up with for Luke Harper? That he's a really big Duck Dynasty fan?

For those who don't know...that whole crazy eyes "I'm going to piece myself back together out of you" viginette is for Luke Harper.

What else would you expect from WWE's writers, but a lame attempt at comedy for Erick Rowan? I'm afraid to think of what they could possibly come up with for Luke Harper? That he's a really big Duck Dynasty fan?

For those who don't know...that whole crazy eyes "I'm going to piece myself back together out of you" viginette is for Luke Harper.

It's sad that Rowan will be the odd man out in The Wyatt's if the best they can come up with is a rehashing of the usual backwoods creeper trope.

"USA" is an easy chant.  All a guy has to do is come out with a different flag and start speaking not-'Murican and he's over as a heel.

I think the best moment in pro wrasslin' was a match during one of WCW's Cyberslams where Alex Wright and Ultimo Dragon were working.  The crowd began to chant USA! USA!

Bobby The Brain said, "Do you hear those idiots?  One guy is Japanese and he wrestled mostly in Mexico and the other guy is German for God's sake.."

Yeah, say what you will about using nationalism and xenophobia to get heel heat but it's clear that it is getting the desired reaction from the crowds.

And if we're going to go down the rabit hole of 'why is rastlin bizzaro land'... there was a couple of years worth of angles that Edge acrued in SD! that clearly painted him as a sociopathic heel while the crowded heralded him as the flagship babyface.

On Superstars recently, there was a 'USA' chant during the Justin/Kofi match (both guys were born in Africa).

This is why smark crowds are the best.  I went to an ROH show in Buffalo and the crowd correctly chanted Switz-Er-Land! when Claudio was in the ring.

• Like 1

Say what you want about how they're "ruined" some young stars, but they could not possibly have pushed Seth more than they have.

If there's one silver lining to Ambrose never getting a win in what should have been a huge program for him, it's that they're at least protecting someone worthwhile. I'm not sure if it's by design, but Rollins is cashing in on all the best aspects of the Shield and post-Shield booking. Has he lost a decision by pin or submission this year?

I am really glad that Sheamus/Rusev had a clean finish. I was worried they were going to pull some Giant vs Hogan during the series premier of Robin Hood shit.

I actually thought Sheamus was going to win with White Noise. Ending Rusev's streak on the network would have been a ballsy way to show the network matters. But what happened works too.

Rollins seemingly only loses in dark matches and on live events. On TV, he's protected better than anyone not named Cena probably. Roman Reigns is the first name that pops up that beat him clean in a televised match, and that was back in September.