DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 11-3-14

MGFanJay

I missed all of Raw (Go Sixers!) and the beginning of this match but seriously, Rusev/Sheamus was friggin' AWESOME. Rusev's the total package. Loved his taunting in Bulgarian. Needless to say, Lana's applauding and gloating is awesome, too.

The post-Raw stuff on the Network features so many graphics that they're actually obscuring other graphics.  They show more replays of the attack and it's clear that Orton was cut open by a pen. They give the US Title match a big-match intro and Cole points out A NEW FACT - Sheamus has never tapped out in 5 years. I really like this black/blue/white getup on Rusev - I should try it out in FPR. Corner headbutt by Rusev. CLUBBERING TIME, but Rusev counters, and Sheamus counters that with headbutts and eats a big round kick to the gut from the apron. Sheamus dives off the apron and eats a powerslam on the floor. "YOUR VODKA STINKS!" Ah, the crowd tonight. Rusev gets the spinning wheel kicks and twirls. TWIRLS FOR...communism? Kneeling head and arm choke from Rusev - I should really give that to him in FPR since it's in there. Spinning powerslam from Sheamus. Running axehandles set up the knee. Loving the reverse chest clubs. A fan holds up an I A RONDA ROUSEY GUY sign. Accolade time, but Rusev can't lock it on. White Noise gets 2! Crowd chants this is awesome, and it is. It's Rusev's best match to date. Brogue kick misses in the corner. Tons of kicks! ACCOLADE! TIME FOR A NEW CHAMP! The crowd, after 4 hours, is hot AND RUSEV WINS VIA PASSOUT! YES! HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE ON THE NETWORK! I can't wait to see him wear it - it matches his gear perfectly. I am genuinely excited by this since the belt's on a top-level act and it's one who's protected AND over. RUSEV SMASH! RUSEV HOP!

I guess Xavier Woods becoming just another dancing black guy again means we're definitely not getting a new Nation.

Actually, he's totally stealing the Cat's gimmick. Which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact nobody can possibly do the Cat's gimmick better than the Cat did it. He almost single-handedly made Death Era WCW watchable.

• Like 1

The "Did you knows" seemed a little desperate tonight. Case in point:

DID YOU KNOW?

WWE Network has a 90% satisfaction rate!*

*Percentage based on answers to the survey question: "Were you satisfied with the online account cancellation process?"

• Like 6

That match was awesome. Even though they should've had Rusev win the US title 6 months ago I'm glad they did it, great match, i loved the powerslam to the floor, and a really nice finish. Sheamus changed up some stuff too, as long he isn't talking he's really good.

Randy Orton needs to stay the fuck away from announce tables forever. They need to start roping them off during his matches or covering them in bubble wrap.

There's no tangible difference when it comes to the WWE's bottom line between an afterrun and Main Event and Survivor Series now. The Network is the Network, basically. So I find the complaints weird, unless you think it could have used a few more weeks' build.