DVDVR Message Board

WWE Raw 11-3-14

MGFanJay

Vince coming down was a huge shock - shame the Authority must split stip won't mean much since A - stips don't mean anything now and B - they aren't 1/10 as over as even Bischoff was as evil GM. Dean-Cesaro wasn't a classic, but it was damn good and a fan example of Dean doing EVERY SINGLE THING HUMANLY POSSIBLE to get Cesaro over here. He got hardway color with his elbow grind, flew around for his throws, and generally made the win seem like a huge struggle.

Uso-Miz was fun. HHH yammered on for centuries. Dolph should really not insult A RING FULL OF PEOPLE SURROUNDING HIM! Dolph-Seth was quite good until the surprise RKO non-finish. This BLATANT DQ was just nothing. Titus-Ryback was an okay squash. Show-Henry was an absolute blast. How is using the steps an obvious DQ while AN RKO TO AN ACTIVE COMPETITOR isn't!? I loved this match so match that I'll definitely have to do it in 2K14 at some point. Nikki-Emma was fine. Fernando-Stardust was a nothing match, but worth watching due to Miz being ungodly bad on commentary tripping over everything he said.

Orton-Seth was technically fine, but really hard to care about. They did moves. Other guy did moves. Countered moves. Did moves. Seth winning was a pleasant surprise, and sets up Orton's face turn further. Loved the post-match stuff teasing an RKO to the goons, delivering one to Seth after Seth said he was sorry so Orton said he was sorry too. HHH rushed in to prevent the punt in a nice touch. HHH tried talking him down, but he ate a clothesline and the goon squad attacked to eat varying offense. THIS RULED! Seth won the day with a curb stomp on the table, which should write him out just fine for the movie. Seth Rollins is gaining the most from WWE's vanity movie division, and thank God for it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/wwe-raw-11-3-14.html

Screens - 

22856c362050120.jpg

#tittymaster
e5a41d362052566.jpg 

794367362060072.jpg 

5be51d362074872.jpg

Gallery -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/nzxjdby0ua2dy7zyykxnmpu48k2vpa5c

Man Shemaus vs Russev is fucked to get anyone to care about that match.  I assume it is going to be like most dark matches with some DQ or run-in stuff

So I assume that Xaiver Woods 3rd new character this year is that he is Ernest the Cat Miller   :unsure:

Ain't no babyfaces watching backstage during the overrun.

I'm assuming Dean was trying to teleport there using only Bray's rocking chair, but was only getting distracted by how fun it was to rock.

• Like 1

It didn't take long to shoe horn Rowan into a comedy role, eh?

I really liked this RAW though. I don't really have any complaints.

Apparently Rowan's new gimmick is like Key and Peele's Obama Anger translator, but substitute Jerry Lawler/sexual harassment/and dumb.  

Lawler: I wish this diva match never ended!!!!

Rowan: Butt cheeks fluffy and mooshy!

Lawler: She could do her finish on me any time!!! HEH HEH!!!

Rowan: Sniff Boob! WHERE BOOB!!!????

What on Earth was gained by having Dean Ambrose shake Vince's hand and not attack Triple H???? Boy, they've fucked him up.

Yeah.  At the very least they missed the chance when Vince was about to drive away to have him grab his wrist and be like "Hmmm. What happened to my watch?" and then cut to Dean Ambrose taping it to his upper lip saying "ROBOT MUSTACHE!!! Now I can get into the robot DMV and get my learner's permit!!!"

• Like 5

From the replay on the Network, it seems like Orton got sliced up on a pen lying on the table.

Jesus. That guy could take a bump in a bouncy castle and manage to land on the sharp corner of a mailbox flag or one of those little plastic pizza box thingees.

• Like 1

Henry-Show was the hossiest hoss fight they've had on Raw in years. That feud is gold.

Some real good matches on tonight's show and a minimum of bullshit. Orton's coked up promo style continues to be a highlight. I know it fits with his established character but he sure did look like a dick in that post-match though.

That was a really awesome sell by Orton.  Unless he really did get knocked loopy.  I'm not asking for bloodbaths but that little bit of red just added so much to that finish.  Awesome final few minutes.  Even Kane falling over Randy and those three idiots screaming "One More Time!" couldn't ruin it.

• Like 1

This episode was basically Trips and Steph being awesome.  Between that amazing exchange after Vince drove away:

"What was that?"
"I don't know. ...  Let's go figure this out."

where HHH and Steph did, like, the best soap opera acting ever and HHH's amazing "get Orton under control" speech later and then his utter dismay at Rollins winning, The Authority are my new improv workshop.

Henry-Show was the hossiest hoss fight they've had on Raw in years. That feud is gold.

Between Henry's poetry and Big Show's Pavlovian weeping response, this feud could be reworked into a book called "Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Eat, Pray, Love, and...hold on [burp]...Eat."

• Like 3

Coke-fueled Randy Orton sounds like someone doing a bad impression of what they think an 80s era professional wrestler doing a promo sounds like.  Still, it's marginally better than his usual "mouthbreather about to drool on himself" promo style.  I'm assuming he'd going to be on the face SS team and they're going to do the whole "can he and Cena trust eachother?!?" schtick throughout.

Has it been confirmed whether or not Brock is even going to be at Survivor Series?

"YOUR VODKA STINKS!"

This crowd...

Sheamus does seem to be going through the motions. Tho I think more people find Rusev boring than appreciate the old school aspect or whatever that excuse to as to why there's legs to the gimmick.

What else would you expect from WWE's writers, but a lame attempt at comedy for Erick Rowan? I'm afraid to think of what they could possibly come up with for Luke Harper? That he's a really big Duck Dynasty fan?

I love Kane ruining what was supposed to be this ultra-serious Authority moment. Not that I take the Authority shit serious anyway, not with HHH droning on and on and Stephanie standing there making mean faces.

I guess Xavier Woods becoming just another dancing black guy again means we're definitely not getting a new Nation.