DVDVR Message Board

Nov Animated GIF Thread

JustJay

But, guys, it's little girl on Kenny Omega violence. OUTRAGE~!

It's a little girl. Like people are perfectly okay with that and AREN'T getting sodomized in a prison some where? How people would be like "Okay!" if some dirtbag came to you and proposed that idea with your kid? How many of you would get killed by the kid's other parent for agreeing with it?

But it is pro wrestling and that did take place in Japan.

It took place in the same promotion that's had a ladder as it's champion. It's not even "lol indy wrestling" or "lol japan", it's fucking DDT. Nothing about that promotion is supposed to be taken seriously. It's not like it's Candice LeRae bleeding buckets in PWG in matches with men. But, hey, if you and MORELOCK want to be offended, that's fine. You can always just, y'know, ignore that corner of professional wrestling and stick to the things you actually enjoy about wrestling.

Go watch some Rusev matches... oh...

I'm not sure how I feel about men vs women matches.  I mean, on the one hand, I understand the context argument and the like, but on the other hand, I feel like it's a pretty slippery slope to go from respectable match to some face beating a heel woman up for five minutes while a crowd chants "This is awesome."  

I mean, there's the NBA and WNBA, women's hockey/men's hockey, and MMA has a separate Men's and Women's division, is pro wrestling really so special that it NEEDS to go down the path of having men wrestle women.  Really, at the heart of it, it just seems really unnecessary to me.  Like, you CAN do a match with a woman wrestling a man, but is there any real NEED to do it?

I'm not sure how I feel about men vs women matches.  I mean, on the one hand, I understand the context argument and the like, but on the other hand, I feel like it's a pretty slippery slope to go from respectable match to some face beating a heel woman up for five minutes while a crowd chants "This is awesome."

I mean, there's the NBA and WNBA, women's hockey/men's hockey, and MMA has a separate Men's and Women's division, is pro wrestling really so special that it NEEDS to go down the path of having men wrestle women.  Really, at the heart of it, it just seems really unnecessary to me.  Like, you CAN do a match with a woman wrestling a man, but is there any real NEED to do it?

The answer is an unequivocal no. (Even in kayfabe terms, the only argument that this type of thing helps anyone is that it gets a heel over through cheap heat - cheap heat that could be obtained about a million different ways before resorting to the depiction of man-on-woman violence.)

Of course, we do have a guy making racist remarks, a guy making sexist/transphobic remarks, and a guy that follows me around the board in an incredibly strange attempt to antagonize me refuting that, so maybe the jury's still out. Perhaps we need to wait for Hollywood Cibernetico to chime in. There is a reason that wrestling fans are stereotyped as being a bunch of redneck savages.

Here's another gif of a shitty thing a lot of you will like for some reason:

iLi70xc1POMg1.gif

If anyone else wants to throw in two cents simply to disagree with me and another unpopular poster and add nothing else, maybe you could throw in a wrestling-related gif in somewhere. Just a thought. I prefer not to piss RIPPA off if I can help it, as he and others have provided me with 15 or so years of discussion that is generally intelligent most of the time.

How did the poor bastard in the middle of that Nitro gif not break his neck there? That was some awful, awful shit.

Looks like it's from Memphis.  Meaning the poor guy made zilch for taking that horrible botched move.

I think he meant the WCW Nitro gif that MORELOCK posted at the top of this page.

Looks like Chavo to me.

Oops, forgot to post a fatman.

1383738870488.gif

Edited by The Z
  • Like 1

How did the poor bastard in the middle of that Nitro gif not break his neck there? That was some awful, awful shit.

Looks like it's from Memphis.  Meaning the poor guy made zilch for taking that horrible botched move.

I think he meant the WCW Nitro gif that MORELOCK posted at the top of this page.

Looks like Chavo to me.

Eddie vs. Chavo vs. Saturn - nitro 10 18 99

Did someone say fat dudes crushing people?

1105108_o.gif

This got my like before Yoko even left the 2nd rope.

And this fat dude to ready to crush...

tumblr_n8m2g6GTwo1sj4xr4o1_400.gif

For some reason Quake always gave me the giggles whenever he did that during his promos. There was something hypnotic about it.