DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I'm actually surprised we never got an HBK/Goldust feud in 1996. A vaguely homosexual Goldust vs. a dude who just posed for Playgirl? Writes itself. 

I also wonder how Goldust would've done with a short WWF Title run during that time. 

I was at In Your House: Buried Alive in Indianapolis, and the dark main was Goldust vs Michaels.  There was a great promo segment before where Goldust had them hit Shawn's music and did the sexy boy prance and dance.  They then proceeded to have a really fun match. 

And about 2 days later I went to a house show in Evansville, IN and they did the exact same match and promo, spot for spot, and it was still awesome the second time. 

And goddamn yes Dustin belongs in the Hall of Fame. 

As far as the "No one ever bought a ticket just because he/she was on the card" argument...... even if that is true of Dustin, I'm sure there are several people in the HOF that could be said about.  But as previously mentioned, being a midcard supporter was and is a very important role. 

Box office for actors or directors?

Best sellers list for authors?

Here's a list of top grossing actors: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/?view=Actor&sort=sumgross&p=.htm

Want to take on the argument that Tom Cruise is a better actor than Daniel Day Lewis or that Robert DeNiro's best movie was Meet The Fockers?

Money made is the most irrelevant point that one can make when evaluating an artform. 

"I quit WWE so I could sit at home, write comic books, go to baseball games and fuck AJ."

And hockey games. And do reality tv showd discussing comic book tv shows.

CM Punk is living my dream life. 

Lucky sumbitch 

My favorite thing is when people talk about how angry CM Punk is... he seems pretty goddamn happy right now.

• Like 3

Yeah, Punk has it going on.  He got out before the medical issues caught up with him.  He settled the WWE lawsuit so his gear is selling once again, he is in the video game, and best of all getting royalties.

There is probably a non-compete but I doubt he cares since he is doing well.

Oh yeah, he gets the girl, AJ.

Sweet life.

Do they ever fire someone that is making them money? 

jeff_hardy_photostudio_by_windows8osx.d5

Was Hardy fired and I've just forgotten?  Far as I can remember, he left when his contract expired.  I think I recall Meltzer saying the company did all it could to resign him (he was massively over and getting pushed pretty heavily at the time).

I could see myself buying a PPV for a Dustin Rhodes match, if he had stayed in WCW, gotten pushed further up the card, and continued to wrestle as "Dustin Rhodes".  I'm probably in the minority, but Goldust never interested me a bit.  I kinda like grizzled vet Dustin putting on the face paint in 2014 for one last run, but that's pretty much it

Jeff Hardy leaving and then almost immediately getting his house raided by the police is some of the most ridiculous timing I've ever seen. Did some of the more absurd places on the internet ever accuse WWE of tipping them off or something?

I've bought shows or DVDs/tapes to see some really weird wrestlers but never explicitly for Dustin, I've always really liked him but he's always been more of a bonus.