DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This reminds me of the March Raw show when Dave was given ''accurate'' news that Punk was scheduled to appear.

Except that Meltzer was careful to say he was told Punk was going to be in Chicago. This time Dave is unequivocally saying that The Plan is for Sting to show up tonight.

Wasn't it strongly inferred Dave got that info from Austin?

That was bizarre stuff. Show doing his 1000th turn, Ziggler being booked like an ace out of the blue, The Big Guy being out first, and HHH selling for a guy that looked like a cross between Bruce Jenner and Gene Simmons. Not to mention Rollins being ko'd by Dolph's finish for 5 fucking minutes.

Forgot to mention Sting's music making the ref stop his count.

• Like 2

I just posted this elsewhere, but I have to say, one complaint in an otherwise great match. How about the camera/focus stays on Ziggler/Rollins (guys that could pay the bills if handled correctly) instead of Steph (never sold one ticket) or Hunter (retired)? It was a distracting amount of ringside reaction shots of WWE management.

• Like 1

I had a dream the other night that I was Perry Saturn and was having a match with HHH in my backyard. HHH was bumping all over the place for me and even bladed at one point, knowing full well of the fines that would be levied. He was doing everything he could to put me over and the crowd (even though there wasn't a visual crowd in my backyard, there was still audio of a cheering crowd) was totally in to it. At one point he pedigreed me and when he pinned me said in my ear "Kick out! Kick out! Kick out! We got 'em". I kicked out and the crowd went wild as HHH just could NOT put away me/Perry Saturn in this backyard match.

After I woke up, I wondered why the heck Perry Saturn and HHH would be having such an epic match and why HHH would be doing everything he could to put me/Saturn over, and then I remembered their past as tag champs in the Indies before making it big. Funny that I remembered that after I woke up, but it didn't play any part in my actual dream.

• Like 1

You know how badly WWE is booked?

Watching Sting this morning after avoiding all spoilers, I started dreading HHH inevitably beating him clean as a sheet in a couple months. I grew up in Greenville, SC. Sting was bigger than Hulk Hogan among me and my friends. I didn't think "this is awesome". I thought "why'd they change his awesome music?" I thought "Hunter's gonna bury him". I knew - and still do - that this is gonna end with Motorhead blaring, while a great wrestler who was always overshadowed by the Rock, by Steve Austin, by Mick Foley, by Shawn Michaels, and by BUROCK LESNAR puts himself over at the expense of the business yet again. 

Also, way to put Ziggler over without putting Ziggler over.