DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Mick Foley posted on Twitter he's going to be on the WTF Podcast. That could be interesting. The Colt Cabana and CM Punk episodes were pretty good.

Just as long as Marc doesn't start a question with "So I hear you like Santa Claus?"

The podcast just posted.  It's only about ten minutes, and Holy Fuck, that's ALL they TALK ABOUT.

• Like 1

Just found this on YouTube with Heenan giving Gorilla a quick send off after his death.

Might be the only time you ever see Heenan break character.  He tried to be his character but the look on his face says it all.

Did not know this.

In professional wrestling, the staging area just behind the entrance curtain at an event, a position which Marella established and where he could often be found during WWF shows late in his career, is named the Gorilla Position in his honor.

• Like 1

Just found this on YouTube with Heenan giving Gorilla a quick send off after his death.

Might be the only time you ever see Heenan break character.  He tried to be his character but the look on his face says it all.

Did not know this.

In professional wrestling, the staging area just behind the entrance curtain at an event, a position which Marella established and where he could often be found during WWF shows late in his career, is named the Gorilla Position in his honor.

Weird how watching that video coincided perfectly with some dust flying into my eyes....

• Like 5

I can't help but think of a reality where Monsoon lives into his 60s and Heenan doesn't get cancer. I would've liked to have seen Monsoon and Heenan reunite on the air after WCW died.

Pretty sure Gorilla/Heenan would have been the obvious team for the WM17 Gimmick Battle Royal over Gene/Heenan if it were possible.

Then again, if Heenan hadn't had cancer, he would be getting so many podcast requests too

Might be the only time you ever see Heenan break character. He tried to be his character but the look on his face says it all.

Did not know this.

Weird how watching that video coincided perfectly with some dust flying into my eyes....

I have that same problem...damn allergies.

I speak nothing but the truth. As a woman, I am always right. Even when I am wrong, damnit.

1. Yes, we cried. God dammit.

2. You, as a woman, are unquestionably the Dawna of DVDVR with the truth that you spread.

There's no video of it but when I think of Dusty ending his eulogy of Dick Murdoch with the quote from Shawshank Redemption, "well, I guess I just miss my friend", there's always a little dust in the room. God forbid I go before any of my best friends but I'm totally stealing that line if it happens.