DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Heenan, I would imagine.

Not to mention that it's still far and away the best one ever.

I think 2011 would be the best. Everything was perfect from the crowd to the order to the spots (Sans Morrison's bullshit). Everything but ADR winning. Man, that crowd had such a fucking energy when they thought Santino won and when they realize ADR won, it was a giant feeling of "Well, fuck this shit."

I remember the finish, and I remember the crowd going fucking nuts for Diesel.

I also remember the entire rest of the match being dull as dishwater.

'92 is so far above and beyond every other Rumble ever...  Hell, it might be above and beyond every other Rumble combined.

• Like 1

Nobody noticed Bret/Austin SS '96 isn't on the list? Or did I miss it?

All things considered, not a terrible list. I've never been as big a fan as most of the Warrior/Savage retirement match (aside from Liz reuniting with Mach) but the order isn't outrageously bad. They gave a lot of love to Sting.

The biggest weirdness is #25. That was a fantastic feud, but that match was the worst of the series. Just an odd placement. It doesn't deserve to be that high, but put their GAB match on there if you're gonna use that rivalry.

Nobody noticed Bret/Austin SS '96 isn't on the list? Or did I miss it?

All things considered, not a terrible list. I've never been as big a fan as most of the Warrior/Savage retirement match (aside from Liz reuniting with Mach) but the order isn't outrageously bad. They gave a lot of love to Sting.

The biggest weirdness is #25. That was a fantastic feud, but that match was the worst of the series. Just an odd placement. It doesn't deserve to be that high, but put their GAB match on there if you're gonna use that rivalry.

I'd have to double check, but that Bret/Austin match smokes probably 90% of the list they put up.  Very glaring ommission if so.

• Like 1

To kinda quote Joey Diaz, if you don't love the '92 Rumble, then go fuck yourself.

Seriously though, the '92 Rumble is practically a work of art and the best announcing job ever from Heenan. 30 years from now I could have early onset Alzheimer's and Heenan's announcing job would be one of a handful of things I'll remember clearly.

• Like 4

That list is alright considering they have to pump up the WWE matches that are typically identified as "the best" to their audience, but also offer enough variety to show off the amount of things you can catch on the Network. 

Out of the matches I've seen on that list, most of them were either finisher trading or gets over hyped because the people in the match. You know that it *must* be a epic match because *[name(s)] are in it! mentality fans have attached themselves to for whatever reason.

Yeah, I am one of those thinks Shawn Michaels is the most over-goddamn-rated wrestler ever. Those later WM matches with Taker as well as the Jericho WM match and his matches with HHH were all boring to me.

• Like 2

That list is alright considering they have to pump up the WWE matches that are typically identified as "the best" to their audience, but also offer enough variety to show off the amount of things you can catch on the Network. 

Out of the matches I've seen on that list, most of them were either finisher trading or gets over hyped because the people in the match. You know that it *must* be a epic match because *[name(s)] are in it! mentality fans have attached themselves to for whatever reason.

Yeah, I am one of those thinks Shawn Michaels is the most over-goddamn-rated wrestler ever. Those later WM matches with Taker as well as the Jericho WM match and his matches with HHH were all boring to me.

I enjoyed the Jericho match at XIX simply because it actually felt like a wrestling match. There was heat going in, but they wrestled, which Shawn rarely did post comeback.  Agree on the rest though.  Most of the highly billed WWE matches are pretty much finisher-lay there-kick out-repeat.

I enjoyed the Jericho match at XIX simply because it actually felt like a wrestling match. There was heat going in, but they wrestled, which Shawn rarely did post comeback.  Agree on the rest though.  Most of the highly billed WWE matches are pretty much finisher-lay there-kick out-repeat.

I just don't care for respect and you're my idol kind of bullshit wrestling angles have really kicked to death. One of Jericho's feuds started over a cup of coffee. If it takes something that goddamn simple to make two people hate each other, they should do that move often then,

theboth_photo_gal__photo_201861164.jpg

It'd be pretty great if they came back as wrestling's version of the awesome Aimee Mann/Ted Leo pairing known as The Both.

I laughed out loud at this because OF COURSE Greggulator listens to The Both.  That whole album is about positivity, hope and handclaps in the face of a rotten, corrupted world.

• Like 1

I really cannot tell if ebbie likes anything.

I am odd. Either I really love something or I really hate it. Either way, I get excited.

Besides, the one match people need to see before "they die" is the Santino vs Sheamus match. It starts off as a polite tea party. But Santino is so scared, he spills his tea all over Sheamus. Then it's just Santino running around before kicking Sheamus in the balls. THAT is a pro wrestling match: funny, made sense, the babyface knew he was going to die.

Then, as he often did, Morrison fucked it all up and no one gave a shit. :(

I'll never forget the day I found out that Stottlemayer was Jame Gumb.

That was a Scanners moment.

Ted Levine is my favorite actor at the moment and often use him as a comparison as to why wrestling fans for some fucking reason think just because a character did something in one fed means it will translate to another fed. Characters and shit, you know.