DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

So glad we got away with talking about Nash and not he who shall not be named for a page...

Anywho, watching Breakdown 98 on the Network. It seemed like Owen was done. Like mentally done. Anyone else notice that?

He definitely seemed like he was going through the motions after the Shamrock feud played itself out. He seemed a little bit more reinvigorated during the team with Jarrett and the Blue Blazer stuff but something seemed to be missing.

Edge at number two makes my skin crawl. Anything bad anyone has said about any wrestler here, Edge did worse.

I remember nothing about this match. Not the buildup, not even that it happened.

I have the nostalgia filter for Mania 8 since it was the first Mania I watched live.  Ditto for Mania 13 vs. Sid since I was REALLY rooting for Taker to get the belt.

Yes, I also really liked Taker-Diesel at 12.  That was before people were really expecting Taker matches to be notably good.  The series with Mankind came after that and really raised his game.  I think he debuted the "Death From Above" plancha a bit before 13.

And why is Taker - HHH from 28 on the 1. and 13. place?

Because one is the one from 27 - I'm thinking the No. 1 though I am not completely sure.

Edge and Punk are both prick counter-masters in their matches - Edge gets a better nearfall and a better ending, plus Taker does more. I still think I prefer the Punk match though, Edge isn't really enough of a prick in the match.

Sort of. Edge's only mania loss was a mitb which he eventually wound up with the briefcase from anyway.

I think they even kind of ignored that during the build-up b/c Edge got taken out pretty early in that MITB match. Hardy legdropped him through the ladder and they stretchered him off.

The "vs. streak" matches come with the disclaimer that it wasn't until 21 that the fact that Undertaker had never lost at Mania became THE STREAK. XVII was the first time it was more than an afterthought and 21 was the first time it was a selling point.

Orton COULD have been The Annoited and that would have been perfectly fine, but Wwe made a lot of money in the eight years hence making it a main-event draw.