DVDVR Message Board

NOV '14 WRESTLING PHOTOS

Those would make for good covers to a 7" split single. I know I said that a while back with a photo of Percy Pringle at his funeral occupation (I think?). So many of those old pics would make great punk/hardcore single covers. There's one that I wish I had saved of a guillotine, primatively photoshopped into this old timey wrestler's grimacing face, that I always thought was totally boss and would steal in a heartbeat for artwork.

Found it...

image.jpg

Hey, it's Guillotine Gordon! This pic accompanied an article in Wrestling Revue circa 1966 that really made me want to see this guy. Then he turned up and was not very good at all. His finisher, the Guillotine (naturally) was just a chop to the back of the opponent's neck. Not sure what I expected, but that was pretty anticlimactic.

Guillotine Gordon = Evil Eye Gordon = Enforcer Luciano... one of the worst wrestlers ever. There's footage of him teaming with Ox Baker where Ox was the workhorse. I wish I was kidding.

• Like 1

As bad as the look is for a "normal" person, Briscoe's "planet of the apes" guise isn't that bad for a wrestler, at least its distinct, unlike the cookie cutter WWE look. . .

ugh I know I can barely tell who is who in this picture. break the mold, Vince

SD_738_Photo_052.jpg

As bad as the look is for a "normal" person, Briscoe's "planet of the apes" guise isn't that bad for a wrestler, at least its distinct, unlike the cookie cutter WWE look. . .

If there's anything that can be learned from professional wrestling, it's that most wrestlers are anything but normal.

It's actually the normal looking ones you need to watch out for.  For example, word is Alex Reilly can't climax unless a kitten is being strangled.

So.... Tasteless masturbation skit with Grumpy Cat next week then...?

Oh, I forgot... PG and all. 

So... Tasteless skit not about masturbation with Grumpy Cat next week, where Riley makes goofy faces, turns red, and groans a lot, while Mizdow walks by and spills a bottle of salad dressing on the floor (meanwhile, Steph and Trips make goofy double entendres while grinning maniacally over how *nudge nudge wink wink* clever they are).

Get outta my way.  I've gotta go set the DVR.

• Like 2