DVDVR Message Board

The Really Swell News Thread

OSJ

Going to Harry Potter preview night tomorrow at Universal. Shitting self.

I went to Universal in Orlando after our honeymoon cruise, and I did not expect what we saw. I went from thinking "this is neat" to just completely nerding out.

I want to go back, honestly.

So yesterday, I added another piece to the database query I'm writing for my latest report. It completely tanked performance, going from finishing in 20 minutes to not finishing after 3 hours. Re-wrote a bunch of it today and it ran in 3-1/2 minutes, finishing right at 4:30 just as I needed to leave. That felt awesome.

I went to Universal in Orlando after our honeymoon cruise, and I did not expect what we saw. I went from thinking "this is neat" to just completely nerding out.

Everything is amazing but the ride is near vomit enducing. They're trying to figure out why, since Florida's isn't making people sick, but three hours later I still feel carsick.

Great ride though. Kinda worth almost barfing

My dad got the results from his PET scan today. All the lymphoma in his body is gone except for a single spot in his abdomen which is getting significantly smaller. Sounds like my stem cell donation is gonna work.

• Like 12

Everything is amazing but the ride is near vomit enducing. They're trying to figure out why, since Florida's isn't making people sick, but three hours later I still feel carsick.

Great ride though. Kinda worth almost barfing

Which ride? Forbidden Journey or Gringotts?

My dad got the results from his PET scan today. All the lymphoma in his body is gone except for a single spot in his abdomen which is getting significantly smaller. Sounds like my stem cell donation is gonna work.

That's fantastic news!

Damn! I am finding this hard to believe, but it is now twenty days without a cigarette after smoking for 45 years (started at 13). This vaping seems to do the trick, though I really wanted a "real" cigarette a few days ago, I was able to get through the momentary craving without taking the action.  That was the real test, we were at the store where we normally buy our smokes and I had plenty of money to spend had I wanted to get a couple of packs it would have been no big deal. BUT I DIDN'T!!!  I just fired up the vape and all was good in a matter of minutes. 

Interestingly enough, I don't vape nearly the amount of time that I smoked, not sure why, but I ain't going to overthink it. So... I'll say it now... I, John Pelan am a non-smoker, and thanks for all the good vibes, they helped immeasurably.

• Like 9

I used to rent a flat above an E-Cig shop. Every now and then I'd go out the back and the owner would be having a crafty fag in the car park.

I used to rent a flat above an E-Cig shop. Every now and then I'd go out the back and the owner would be having a crafty fag in the car park.

This means something completely different in 'Murican

There are jokes to be made, but I like it here.

Be like my mother and assume protesting means you automatically get arrested even if you do nothing but stand there and she's not a Republican, she's just kind of dense sometimes.

Damn! I am finding this hard to believe, but it is now twenty days without a cigarette after smoking for 45 years (started at 13). This vaping seems to do the trick, though I really wanted a "real" cigarette a few days ago, I was able to get through the momentary craving without taking the action.  That was the real test, we were at the store where we normally buy our smokes and I had plenty of money to spend had I wanted to get a couple of packs it would have been no big deal. BUT I DIDN'T!!!  I just fired up the vape and all was good in a matter of minutes. 

Interestingly enough, I don't vape nearly the amount of time that I smoked, not sure why, but I ain't going to overthink it. So... I'll say it now... I, John Pelan am a non-smoker, and thanks for all the good vibes, they helped immeasurably.

It will at least save you money.

Also, this came to mind from Uncle Buck. RIP John Candy

Buck: Hey, I stopped smoking cigarettes.

Cindy Russell: Oh, good.

Buck: Isn't that something? I'm on to cigars now. I'm on to a five-year plan. I eliminated cigarettes, then I go to cigars, then I go to pipes, then I go to chewing tobacco, then I'm on to that nicotine gum.

CONGRATS! Knocked that monkey off your back, stomped a mudhole in his ass, and walked it dry!

If nothing else, the current political climate is helping me to clean up my Facebook friend list.  I will take that as a life and self-esteem lesson to cut people loose if they're nothing but a toxic and negative influence.  When your self-image is as poor as mine has been, you cling to every acquaintance out of fear of rejection and not wanting to reject others.  At some point, you learn to be more selective in life...popular people are right, rejecting people IS fun.   :D

I did a google image search for my real name, and none of the pictures were of me. I have beaten the internet. I know more about the internet than the internet knows about me, so I win.

There were lots of Football managers though... I can understand the ones who I share a name with (I'm not called Aidy Ferguson), but Owen Coyle? Why?