DVDVR Message Board

The Really Swell News Thread

OSJ

Tonight is our opening night doing "Guys And Dolls" at Jesters Dinner Theatre here in Longmont, CO. We had a great dress rehearsal last night, so it bodes well. Historically on opening weekend, we open strong on a Friday, stink the next day, and kill on Sunday.

• Like 3

It appears I may be technical directing a college football game in September.  Originally I thought I'd be calling it (directing), which would have placed this note in the "Son of A~!" thread, because I haven't called a sporting even since '97, but I'm a goddamn gun when TD'ing stuff.  Point me in the right direction and the job'll get done.

• Like 3

Directing a show means (literally) calling all the shots, making sure everything is running smoothly, when to go to tapes/replays, etc.

Technical directing is punching the buttons on the switcher, making everything show up on-air.

A lot of local stations combine the two for newscasts because TDing is simple once you've got the board memorized.  Live sports are a different animal though.

ETA: Dunn's more of a line producer, if the leaked Diva Search show is anything to go by.  Although they probably give their TDs more leeway with shots, etc.

Went toa concert. Wore my Bayley T-shirt. Had about five strangers give me hugs, including one nice couple who wanted to take a picture with me because of the shirt.

Also had one guy yell "BAYLEY" when I walked near him.

• Like 1

I performed a stand up set last night in a standing room only club. I was the headliner and KILLED it. The openers were great too. A great evening all in all. When I do radio, I don't see any faces. When I play in my band, I'm one of five guys. Stand up is about as "naked" as you get. I think I may be working on getting some club dates in other markets.

• Like 4

I have no other place to confess this, thankfully this board exists.

I belong to a trivia league team and the city finals were tonight.  55 teams competed with the top 10 getting prizes ($1200 for first.)  We did respectable, not terrible, but we were clearly overmatched. 

Then we hit the absolute fucking jackpot on the final question and went from 25th place all the way to 4th.  And we ended up winning $350.

So because I'm a total wrestling nerd, when my friends wanted to take photos of our win, I just threw up the Four Horseman sign on total instinct.  Every time.

Like, I'm almost happier we got 4th over 3rd or 2nd.  It's just a total inside joke that no one is ever going to get from photos I'll prob never see.

• Like 1