DVDVR Message Board

Evolve

Big Fresh

As far as teasing goes, I'm having a bad overnight shift right now and am in a bad mood. Sorry.

You know it is all in good fun, bro.

Speaking of teasing, since you aren't playing Destiny anymore we were thinking about revoking your admin status and bumping you down being a plain ol clan member.

It's not like you need the banhammer or anything.. :)

Evolve looks great, BTW. Once I get done with having townhouses built and hardcore demands on my finances, I am going to get an XBone as well as a copy of this game.

The PS4 alpha has been cancelled

It seems that technical issues arose due to the recent firmware update that happened.

It's up on the game website - my iPad is just having issues in trying to link to it

EDIT - Here we go

We have some unfortunate news to share with folks planning to participate in the Big Alpha test on PlayStation 4 starting today. Following the recent PS4 2.00 firmware update, we are experiencing difficulties with the Evolve Big Alpha on PlayStation 4. As a result, the test on PlayStation 4 is postponed. PlayStation and 2K are working together on a resolution.

If you’re playing in the Big Alpha test on Xbox One or PC, don’t worry, the show will go on.

We know that for many of you PS4 players this is a big letdown. We’re disappointed too, and we’re going to do our best to make up for this delay. For starters, if you’re a PS4 player affected by this delay and you also own an Xbox One or PC, you can register on one of those platforms right now using the codes below and we’ll send you an invite today so you can start playing.

As far as teasing goes, I'm having a bad overnight shift right now and am in a bad mood. Sorry.

You know it is all in good fun, bro.

Speaking of teasing, since you aren't playing Destiny anymore we were thinking about revoking your admin status and bumping you down being a plain ol clan member.

It's not like you need the banhammer or anything.. :)

Evolve looks great, BTW. Once I get done with having townhouses built and hardcore demands on my finances, I am going to get an XBone as well as a copy of this game.

XBones are $50 cheaper from Nov 2 to Jan 3rd. Including bundles like the Sunset Overdrive one that comes with a sweet white console (I wish that was the one I had).

The Alpha for PS4 was supposed to launch today. But they had an issue of compatibility with the new PS4 firmware, so they delayed it. And the Internet reaction is pissing me off. It's not a demo, it's an Alpha. Finding these issues are exactly the purpose of it! You're not entitled to it. It'll happen when they get it straight, but sometimes that takes time, you dick*!

*Not directed at anyone here, just general whiny gamers on the Internet.

Aww... I like that you ignore my post like 3 back about the PS4 delay  :)

How many monsters are available to play with in the Alpha?

EDIT - Oh and if anyone should be having anger directed towards them, it's Sony since it is their firmware update causing the problems (and for multiple games - not just Evolve)

Aww... I like that you ignore my post like 3 back about the PS4 delay  :)

How many monsters are available to play with in the Alpha?

EDIT - Oh and if anyone should be having anger directed towards them, it's Sony since it is their firmware update causing the problems (and for multiple games - not just Evolve)

There's 2 of every class, including the monster, but only one starts unlocked and the 2nd is hard to unlock. Most people probably won't unlock anything except the defaults in the weekend of the Alpha. I haven't unlocking any of them yet, but I am close to unlocked the 2nd Trapper character.

I just had a 1 vs. 1 match and found out it's better to play that way than with random X-Box Live players. The bots filling out my team of Hunters are fierce, stay together, and use their abilities properly.

Also, unlocked the 2nd Trapper. Woo hoo!

Looking at my game list on steam and apparently since I have XCOM I can download this game.  In four hours I'll definitely play for 20 minutes and then never play it again.  Wait, this ends around midnight tonight?  Eh, I don't really give a shit then for 15 gigs. Time to get back under a blanket and nod off.

This game is hectic to say the least. The tutorial videos don't do a very good job of explaining what to do for each class. They're a bit too brief and are shown just as you enter the game. They should be viewable from the menu. Pretty darn fun now that I'm starting to grasp what the heck is going on. I don't really get the timers in the top left corner for the drop ship.

This game is hectic to say the least. The tutorial videos don't do a very good job of explaining what to do for each class. They're a bit too brief and are shown just as you enter the game. They should be viewable from the menu. Pretty darn fun now that I'm starting to grasp what the heck is going on. I don't really get the timers in the top left corner for the drop ship.

Whenever the first Hunter dies, a 2 minute timer starts. At the end of that 2 minutes, all dead hunters drop back in the map.

IGN reveals 2 new hunters and a new mode (kinda)

"For example, without new medic Caira peppering the ground with Healing Grenades, a monster will cut through the team like they’re nothing. Without new support Cabot covering the map with layers of radioactive dust that keeps track of the monsters movement, the creature will be able to hide long enough to fully evolve and cause the team all sorts of problems."

"But all of that changed after I experienced my first round of Nest, a new mode that gives the humans an objective other than “kill the beast,” but also allows gives the Monster the option of enlisting some help in the hunt. Again, more on that later in November."