DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

People who I could see being Matanza- if you look any of them up you'll see why:

The Mighty Awesome Plague

Extreme Loco

Uro Rocker

Murder Clown

I swear Chessman could work if done right

Mr. Athletic Jeff Cobb (complete gimmick change, BUT THEY GOTTA USE THIS DUDE HE RULES)

Great Khali (he's a free agent.  I didn't say it'd be good)

That's not saying they can't go and make him a crazy little guy that just murders everyone with weapons and horrible mind games.

there's a mix of awful choices in there. Plague, the local SoCal indy guy? 

Uro Rocker and Khali are both awful.

I promise you I've seen Plague do dives and frankensteiners and shit.

Most of my list is just there because they're big and scary looking.  Whoever it is has to be bigger and/or scarier looking than Cage or Mil Muertes.

Probably should add GrondAAA and Groon to the list.  And that other big dude that fought them that kind of looked like the Super Shredder, unless he's the AAA Gronda, I can't remember

I'll be at the 4-18 tapings. So pumped.

This show is just stupidly good and fun. "I wrestle so that I can AVENGE THE DEATH OF MY PARENTS." God yes. 

I want the beast in the cage to be Mascarita Sagrada Negro. Or Bad Luck Fale. Either/or.

Most of my list is just there because they're big and scary looking.  Whoever it is has to be bigger and/or scarier looking than Cage or Mil Muertes.

But they way they've built it up, it can't just be by a bit.  This is a murderous being repeatedly described as a MONSTER who was kept chained up in a fucking *cage*!  You bring up some 6'6 wrestler and it's going to be the biggest letdown since Blood Runs Cold.  You need something as freakish as Great Khali, which is what scares me - I can't believe they've painted themselves in a corner when their writing seems so coherent for pro-wrestling, I'm just trying to figure out how they thread this needle.

Vampiro & Striker (at least in character) aren't seeing the vignettes, as shown again last night by them being surprised by Pentagon Jr. teaming with Sexy Star & Super Fly.

It feels like a match - or something, who knows - should happen between Black Lotus and Matanza on the final show. Would Striker & Vampiro have any idea who they are and why they are fighting if they have a match on the final show? They may remember who Black Lotus is (after months of not seeing her) but they're probably the only ones not wondering who Matanza is because they don't even know there's a monster in the basement at this point.

(Not that they always seem to know what's going on to start with, but still.)

Maybe it just won't happen in the ring. Maybe one or both might turn up before then? Maybe someone will explain things on screen to get everyone up to speed

I absolutely agree with the vignettes- I had a hunch we were supposed to think that they didn't see them, because they'd never know about what Dario was doing in his office unless he made a match, but this week confirmed it.  SO MGFANJAY YOU CAN CORRECT THAT PART OF YOUR RECAP SIR

The way I debut Matanza is by having him escape, get into the temple, and go absolutely apeshit destroying everything and everyone.  Cueto said he kept him caged so that he wouldn't destroy the temple - so something should piss him off so bad he unleashes Matanza, but then can't control him and they have to do a Stop the Matsunaga angle out of it (which is how I'd write it) or he just gets out because he escapes.  Maybe Lotus lets him out, can't kill him, and he escapes, or she feels sorry for him and lets him out and they become friends.

I'd write it as an attempted takeover by a scary wrestler and his three scary minions who would then control all the belts and Cueto needs Matanza to stop him because he's the worst monster of them all, then is super screwed when the monster turns on him for keeping him in a cage.

I absolutely agree with the vignettes- I had a hunch we were supposed to think that they didn't see them, because they'd never know about what Dario was doing in his office unless he made a match, but this week confirmed it.  SO MGFANJAY YOU CAN CORRECT THAT PART OF YOUR RECAP SIR

The way I debut Matanza is by having him escape, get into the temple, and go absolutely apeshit destroying everything and everyone.  Cueto said he kept him caged so that he wouldn't destroy the temple - so something should piss him off so bad he unleashes Matanza, but then can't control him and they have to do a Stop the Matsunaga angle out of it (which is how I'd write it) or he just gets out because he escapes.  Maybe Lotus lets him out, can't kill him, and he escapes, or she feels sorry for him and lets him out and they become friends.

I'd write it as an attempted takeover by a scary wrestler and his three scary minions who would then control all the belts and Cueto needs Matanza to stop him because he's the worst monster of them all, then is super screwed when the monster turns on him for keeping him in a cage.

The only cure for a monster that escaped it's cage...

is a different cage

that is also a machine

tumblr_nixxurnpaf1snhdpvo4_r1_500_zps6up

Mundo vs. Angelico was fun and we got a backstage segment which will hopefully begin the slow build towards Mundo vs. Patron in the future.

Dragon vs. Aerostar tied up the series when we get the blow off to the feud I hope the match gets somewhere between 10 and 15 mins to properly end the series.

Angelico/Havoc/Ivelisse as a trio will be very fun to see how it plays out in the tournament.

Sexy Star looked different in her segment with Cueto and after the solid 1st match in the trios tournament she messed up which means she's on Pentagon's hit list. I look forward to see how the rest of the season plays out in the next few months.

half the internet would be better at the Willie Mack story than me, but I think it basically goes

• fan who sat in the crowd at PWG shows
  • trained to become a wrestler, including lots of long bus rides and other glamorous sacrifices 
  • finally made it into PWG
  • turned out to be really good in PWG, strongly embraced by that fanbase
  • stated working other indies and intentionally
  • got signed by NXT
  • reported to NXT, but was gone within days (hours?) under circumstances which have remained mysterious/vague/confusing
  • returned to working indies in California

Yeah, they just need to stick to this, though. It works fine until you start getting into the typical wrestling thing of pretending characters see some stuff on TV and don't see other things.

The way I suspend my disbelief is that Vampiro and Striker are calling the action for the people in the temple and this isn't actually going anywhere that the wrestlers can see it. Or that it's like The Office and it's being filmed but not aired.

However you choose to look at it, Lucha Underground is such a refreshing way to present wrestling.