DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Universe TV Thread

RIPPA

Yeah, they're doing a slow burn. Costumes will come later. They're clearly copying the Man Without Fear mini-series - that shot of him in the water with the blood dripping down looks like it was storyboarded by JRJR himself.

Hopefully they copy the Man Without Fear mini and end with same glamor shot of him with the "God only knows what I look like" line because that's one of my favorite splash pages of all time.

• Like 1

Nope, but the black shirt has red piping, which makes it look even more like a JRJR design.

I'll scan the last episode for any hint of the red (or even yellow!) suit before deciding to spend 13 hours watching something that might be a new AoS

They're going to give us the proper costume at the end of the season or something. Since he's basically wearing a red version of Iron Fist's costume right now which might be awkward later down the road when Iron Fist suits up for his series. (Unless they go in another direction with Iron Fist's costume which would suck imo).

Next week's AoS looks a whole lot better than this week's was: Mr Hyde is bringing a slew of supervillians with him in a showdown with SHIELD. Looks pretty cool.

Mockingbird and Mack - bad guys? Or just going to extreme lengths to hide their secret? I'm intrigued, but it seems like a retread of the HYDRA stuff. I'm betting they're working for Maria Hill/Tony Stark in some capacity. More shades of Civil War this week, too, with the scene when Skye locks herself in one of the interrogation rooms. "She doesn't need protection - we need protection from her."

and the Kree finally show up in living form, but it's just one guy being chased around by Lady Sif, who I didn't recognize at first.

I liked this week's episode. I'm glad they didn't try to draw out keeping Skye's powers a secret, and the mystery with Mack/Mockingbird is interesting. Someone mentioned last week the idea that they are working for Talbot which I still don't see, but it does feel like they are working for other government organization. I know Mack in the comics was originally CIA.

Sif's giggle about Thor was adorable. Give up on Jane, Odison, Sif is more your speed.

"Son of Coul" was funny in the Thor movie, but it's getting alittle irritating now.

Great episode though.

I wonder who's gonna be in Mr. Hyde's army. Did they kill off Blizzard?

I gotta think Mack and Bobbi are SWORD, you can't make Mockingbird a bad guy.

EDIT: Or, looking at the Synaspe for Civil War.... yeah, Mack and Bobbi are working for Stark, and Stark is taking over SHIELD some time after Avengers 2.

RE:  Hyde's villain crew:  Was that Angar the Screamer???

Yes, and Karla Faye Gideon, who up until now (apparently) was a non-powered Daredevil character.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/comic-reel-rodriguez-talks-big-hero-6-sequel-rumors-common-would-love-to-play-green-lantern

But seriously, Hyde needs to round up Blizzard, Blackout and Absorbing Man already. And where's Graviton? Really, where did the gravitionium end up when Hydra collapsed?

• Like 1

Graviton went to the arms dealer that we haven't seen all season.  

But Graviton is an Avengers level villian.  I don't see Quake, Mockingbird, and the scoobies being able to handle him.  

Have they announced if Bullseye is gonna be in this season of Daredevil? If you don't have Bullseye or Elektra, they gotta be planning on having a 2nd season, so that's great.

Have you checked out the current Elektra title? 

Have they announced if Bullseye is gonna be in this season of Daredevil? If you don't have Bullseye or Elektra, they gotta be planning on having a 2nd season, so that's great.

Have you checked out the current Elektra title?

No. Why?