DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

I read a lot of Marvel comics. Maybe 20 or so, plus the occasional trade, per month. I very much enjoy it.

This and Apocalypse feel too much like comic books. What a weird thing to think. Is it just me? Like, comics are good at certain, crazy things because the medium itself is inherently cartoony and anything feels possible if done in the right style. Putting a garishly-colored, "underooed" character in with these other things ... I'm experiencing some cognitive dissonance.

Wow, something jumped out at me watching the trailer again. In the first trailer, it looked like Tony moves out of the way from getting shot point blank by Winter Soldier. In this trailer, it's clear he gets shot in the face, but his glasses save him. Damn. That's pretty hardcore for Marvel. Maybe it was clear in the first trailer that this is what happened, but I don't remember it like that.

I thought his *ahem* Iron Fist caught the bullet?

Nice to see Tony is 100% in the wrong in this movie.

How is Tony in the wrong?

The Avengers have zero accountability, in the case of Ultron, *caused* massive amounts of damage, and Cap is harboring a known fugitive and international terrorist.  How is Tony wrong and Cap not acting like he's above everyone else?

Washington, DC was a criminal organization trying to take down Cap and failing miserably, New York was aliens invading and Tony was RESPONSIBLE for the last disaster, but is now somehow in charge of the Government's program?

• Like 3

Washington, DC was a criminal organization trying to take down Cap and failing miserably, New York was aliens invading and Tony was RESPONSIBLE for the last disaster, but is now somehow in charge of the Government's program?

But you didn't answer, how is Tony 100% in the wrong when Cap is harboring Bucky?