DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase III Discussion

RIPPA

Here are a few of the songs I'd like to hear:

1. Take The Long Way Home - Supertramp (Intro to opening titles as the Milano is flying through space).

2. Mother Popcorn #1 - James Brown

3. SOS - Abba 

4. I Can't Get Next To You - The Temptations

5. Do You Wanna Touch Me? - Joan Jett

6. Don't Bring Me Down - ELO

7. I Can't Get No Satisfaction - DEVO

8. Too Much, Too Little, Too Late - Johnny Mathis / Deniece Williams

9. Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band (Outro to closing credits).

I don't see them using a Gary Glitter song. The UK tabloids would be in uproar about the idea of giving publicity & publishing money to their favourite pariah (he's a convicted paedophile, in jail for 16 years).

Do they still play Rock n Roll part 2 at American sports games? Someone should tell them to stop doing that.

Russos are supposed to be shooting Infinity War pt. 1 and 2 completely with IMAX cameras.  They are 2D digital cameras produced by IMAX and Arri.

15 minutes of Civil war was apparently shot with the same camera.  

They are new IMAX cameras designed to be more compact and are easier to use.  

I don't see them using a Gary Glitter song. The UK tabloids would be in uproar about the idea of giving publicity & publishing money to their favourite pariah (he's a convicted paedophile, in jail for 16 years).

Do they still play Rock n Roll part 2 at American sports games? Someone should tell them to stop doing that.

Oh, shit I totally forgot that was a GG cover.  Yeah, that song does not need to be on the soundtrack.

Ryan Coogler is going to do Black Panther right.  I am suddenly stoked to see this movie.

He colabs well with Jordan so I could see Jordan showing up in a sequel if BP turns out to be huge.  Maybe as Erik Killmonger?  That fight would be fucking sweet!

Michael B. Jordan is awesome. Looking at his career, it's weird to see that I've seen so many things he's been in, his one-off appearances on TV shows not included. Friday Night Lights was what really made me a fan of his.

• Like 1

Specific directors don't really matter much for Marvel movies. They're producer driven movies, and Feige is going to get what he thinks should be made regardless of the director hired. Hence why Favreau, Wright, and Whedon all quit/refused to make more movies with Marvel. I wouldn't get too excited about specific directors getting hired for any given Marvel movie. 

Specific directors don't really matter much for Marvel movies. They're producer driven movies, and Feige is going to get what he thinks should be made regardless of the director hired. Hence why Favreau, Wright, and Whedon all quit/refused to make more movies with Marvel. I wouldn't get too excited about specific directors getting hired for any given Marvel movie. 

amCuffe.gif

• Like 14

amCuffe.gif

LOL. I'd like this, Matt D but I'm out of bloody likes.

• Like 1

I got ya covered, don't worry. And while Marvel does tend to put its own corporate stamp on all its modern movies, there's still a great deal of difference between the work of the various directors. Joss Whedon's shit doesn't look remotely like Kenneth Branagh's shit.