DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 10/31/14

victor

Smackdown Halloween edition:

* Big Show kicks off SmackDown and gets a "yes!" chant going for a video that they're sending to Daniel Bryan in support of his comeback. Show informs everyone that Bryan needs another elbow surgery. 

* The Divas Halloween Costume Battle Royal is next. Brie Bella is not in the match as she was advertised to be. Nikki Bella ends up getting the win. Nikki taunted AJ Lee, who was on commentary, after the match. Paige was dressed as Summer Rae and there was some good comedy. 

* Seth Rollins, Kane, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble come out for a promo. 

* Kane defeated Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match. Rollins attacked Ziggler and beat him down after the match. 

* Mercury and Noble join in on the beatdown to Ziggler. Ziggler is ordered into a match against Rollins. Rollins quickly defeats Ziggler. 

* Ryback squashes Heath Slater, who was dressed as a Scarecrow. 

* Miz TV with Damien Sandow and The Miz is next. There are a lot of pumpkins and Halloween decorations set up. Mark Henry is their guest. Henry rips Big Show, leading to Show making his way out. They end up brawling and Henry sends Show crashing through the barrier. 

* Los Matadores defeated Stardust and Goldust in a non-title match. 

* Rusev defeated The Great Khali. Rusev and Lana cut promos and say Rusev is coming for Sheamus' United States Title. 

* Bray Wyatt comes to the ring for a promo in his rocking chair. 

* The main event is Cesaro vs. Dean Ambrose in a Trick or Street Fight. There are pumpkins and other decorations all around the ring. Ambrose was great in this match and put pumpkins over Cesaro's head. Ambrose gets the win. This was said to be a very fun match.

Does anyone thing poor D-Bry will ever come back? Stardust & Goldust lose to Los Matadors? and poor Ziggler sounds like he got a hella beatdown. 

Jesus, If I was an alcoholic with one drop of booze to my name I'd give it to WWE if it meant I didn't have to endure Khali anymore. That being said, I can't wait to see Rusev die on the hill that is Sheamus. Much more than Cena, Sheamus is where all my favorite wrestlers seem to go and get jobbed out of their momentum.

Nope, Meltzer's are pretty much the same. It does say the Kane/Ziggler match was 20 seconds long. And that Cesaro was stumbling around with a pumpkin on his head, reminds me of a certain Mr. Bean episode with a giant turkey. 

• Like 1

Smackdown Halloween edition:

* Big Show kicks off SmackDown and gets a "yes!" chant going for a video that they're sending to Daniel Bryan in support of his comeback. Show informs everyone that Bryan needs another elbow surgery. 

* The Divas Halloween Costume Battle Royal is next. Brie Bella is not in the match as she was advertised to be. Nikki Bella ends up getting the win. Nikki taunted AJ Lee, who was on commentary, after the match. Paige was dressed as Summer Rae and there was some good comedy. 

* Seth Rollins, Kane, Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble come out for a promo. 

* Kane defeated Dolph Ziggler in a non-title match. Rollins attacked Ziggler and beat him down after the match. 

* Mercury and Noble join in on the beatdown to Ziggler. Ziggler is ordered into a match against Rollins. Rollins quickly defeats Ziggler. 

* Ryback squashes Heath Slater, who was dressed as a Scarecrow. 

* Miz TV with Damien Sandow and The Miz is next. There are a lot of pumpkins and Halloween decorations set up. Mark Henry is their guest. Henry rips Big Show, leading to Show making his way out. They end up brawling and Henry sends Show crashing through the barrier. 

* Los Matadores defeated Stardust and Goldust in a non-title match. 

* Rusev defeated The Great Khali. Rusev and Lana cut promos and say Rusev is coming for Sheamus' United States Title. 

* Bray Wyatt comes to the ring for a promo in his rocking chair. 

* The main event is Cesaro vs. Dean Ambrose in a Trick or Street Fight. There are pumpkins and other decorations all around the ring. Ambrose was great in this match and put pumpkins over Cesaro's head. Ambrose gets the win. This was said to be a very fun match.

Does anyone thing poor D-Bry will ever come back? Stardust & Goldust lose to Los Matadors? and poor Ziggler sounds like he got a hella beatdown. 

I have a funny feeling this announcement of his elbow surgery is for people to think he's out for a long time, only for him to return at #30 in the Royal Rumble.  I mean, they never updated the various surgeries Rey Mysterio had one of the many times he was injured on TV, so it's weird that they would announce D-Bry's.

I actually like that Los Matadores are gettign a push. they are decent team. I can see them having fun matches with The Dusts.

So happy Rusev is finally going after the US Title. Hopefully he wins and holds it until WM where he loses to someone like Ryback maybe.

Jesus, If I was an alcoholic with one drop of booze to my name I'd give it to WWE if it meant I didn't have to endure Khali anymore. That being said, I can't wait to see Rusev die on the hill that is Sheamus. Much more than Cena, Sheamus is where all my favorite wrestlers seem to go and get jobbed out of their momentum.

It's that damn Brogue kick, huh?

Guess I don't see what's so bad about this SD on paper like the rest of you.

I'm pretty much okay with this show too.

1.) Matadors are probably not getting the belts, unless it's as transition champs to put over Ascension, so I'm fine with this feud if it means Gold and Star get to keep the belts for an extra couple of months because of it. Like someone said, they're pretty good and this should be fresh and fun. I think they'll able to play FIP for the dust brothers a little better than the Usos did since the Usos are more of a physical force. I suppose since Gold and Star won on Sunday the WWE brass thought it was okay to make them seem vulnerable on Raw (where they did hold their own more or less) and SD. 

2.) It makes sense that Ziggler is more strongly punished on SD. That'll lead into his role at Survivor Series. Now, if he's not on Team Cena, then it's all just sort of funny. Though, if they were going to put Rollins over him right afterwards, it probably wouldn't have hurt to let him beat Kane by DQ or something, to set up the beatdown (with a chair maybe?) which leads to the Rollins win. But whatever.

3.) We've ALL been wanting Rusev to make the US belt the Russian belt, so it's great they're finally going that way. Also, they were originally going to start it back on Main Event months ago but shifted to the Henry feud again and now it just means all the more because Rusev beat Henry and Big Show.

Paige dressed as Summer Rae is my #1 reason for wanting to check this out. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Ziggler's epic winning streak stops at 2. You're safe for now Goldberg.

The last two segments should be fun.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the opening of the show yet. They put that video fo Vince begging people to sign up for the network and used the yes chants that The Big Show did according to the spoilers to be part of it. They even superimposed the video of Vince on the titantron and used all the fake crowd cheer they could for it.

Honestly it just really annoyed me to this.

The Diva's battle royal is all I watched because I was burned out from being up practically all night and day. AJ's bitterness towards the division was very amusing though. Paige Rae was all kinds of hilarious.

I don't know what is worst: AJ "fuck it" attitude or Ambrose trying to be super extremely edgy crazy fucker. AJ is clearly there for no reason and wants to bury everything around here while Ambrose's facial expression are too fucking much and make me want to stand on a stool and punch him in the fucking jugular.

But I enjoy the divas, so I will say AJ.

It seems like AJ is currently combining all the worst traits of Cena, Orton, and Punk at the same time. She has to be the most uneven performer in company history, she's either out of this world great or completely and utterly awful. There doesn't appear to be any middle ground with her.

It seems like AJ is currently combining all the worst traits of Cena, Orton, and Punk at the same time. She has to be the most uneven performer in company history, she's either out of this world great or completely and utterly awful. There doesn't appear to be any middle ground with her.

Would you she's got a little Punk in her?

Nailed it.

• Like 4

Nice little bit of strength shown by Kane to catch Zigler in mid air for the choke slam. Loved Rollins' big smile when Kane announced his match was starting right now (and it's at this point I wished they still referred to "the winners share of the purse", so Rollins could steal the win AND a load of money).

Bray's promo was awesome tonight, duh. I loved the last line: "She still cries for you."

I'm wondering if they might tie it into this awesome promo from when Dean was in FCW in his amazing feud with William Regal. Dean talks about how "they" took away his little sister. It would be so great if this was what was referenced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYjW4ustT3w

Would you she's got a little Punk in her?

Nailed it.

You asshole. :lol: