DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

By any measure, Manning is one of the 5 best qbs ever, and the argument that he's THE best ever isn't hard to make.

By any measure, Brady is probably one of the 5 best qbs ever, and the argument that he might be better than Manning isn't hard to make.

Right now, I think recency and records have pushed the general consensus to Peyton being better than Tom, but I don't think it's locked in stone yet.  I mean, if the Pats beat the Broncos again in a hypothetical AFC title game, and if hypothetically Brady got one more ring, I wouldn't be shocked if the pendulum swung back in favor of Brady.

But really, the absurd thing is how fucking good both of them still are in their late 30's.

And boy do I love making fun of Captain Forehead.

By any measure, Manning is one of the 5 best qbs ever, and the argument that he's THE best ever isn't hard to make.

By any measure, Brady is probably one of the 5 best qbs ever, and the argument that he might be better than Manning isn't hard to make.

Right now, I think recency and records have pushed the general consensus to Peyton being better than Tom, but I don't think it's locked in stone yet.  I mean, if the Pats beat the Broncos again in a hypothetical AFC title game, and if hypothetically Brady got one more ring, I wouldn't be shocked if the pendulum swung back in favor of Brady.

But really, the absurd thing is how fucking good both of them still are in their late 30's.

And boy do I love making fun of Captain Forehead.

I think the pendulum has always been in the corner of Brady.  Just look at his supporting cast in New England.  It pales in comparison to Peyton's throughout their careers.  

Has NE ever developed a top flight WR?  They signed Welker away from Miami and BB turned him into a great WR.

How in the blue hell is that not an automatic ejection?

Silly Death From Above, the NFL only has provisions for auto-ejection in the case of truly egregious behavior, like accidentally nudging a referee while trying to stand up. :)

• Like 3

Nick Foles has a broken collarbone.  That's too bad. :(

In the meantime: Release the Sanchize!  *squee!* :wub:

That put CJ on the shelf for the rest of the year(I guess he could come back in week 17). I would think Foles would be out almost as long.

Well, comparing Peyton's stats to Brady's stats is a little odd when one guy played in a dome and one played his whole career in cold weather.

I see that point but I don't think it's entirely valid.  Only half of the season are home games and it's not like every home game for Brady was some kind of blizzard.  I think Peyton has had pretty decent stats in Denver, I might be misremembering, and from what I've heard it gets kind of chilly there.