DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2014 - WEEK NINE

Dolfan in NYC

OK, I am a Panthers fan, I understand the frustration of the fans. But the booing needs to stop.

This team IS NOT TALENTED. AT ALL. They have a horrible offensive line, they have a horrible secondary, they have Cam Newton, Kelvin Benjamin and a whole bunch of wasted money on offense. They are only marginally more talented at this point than the Raiders or Jaguars. There is no call for booing them. The Saints SHOULD be beating them senseless, they're way more talented.

Basically it's Mark Ingram over-celebrating from scoring a touchdown after the defense handed them the ball on Carolina's 3 yard line and getting the stare of death from Drew Brees.  Who then went over and picked him up off the ground while (I assume) whispering into his ear "Act like you've been here before, son."

This should probably go in the 'stupidity thread' as well:

Washington cornerback DeAngelo Hall tore his Achilles tendon in his kitchen while getting pizza.

No truth to the rumor that Nate Burleson was the guy who delivered the pizza

What, did he jump up and down to celebrate the successful delivery?

• Like 1

It was bound to happen sooner or later: Tearing an Achilles while getting a pizza from the kitchen beats Carlos Boozer's tripping over his gym bags and breaking his hand for dumb home injuries.

• Like 1

I always liked Joe Sakic tearing tendons in his hand from snowblowing his own driveway, rather than hiring someone to do it, because he's a good Canadian lad. /Cherrymode

Although Joba Chamberlain's trampoline injury probably has them all beat.

• Like 1

I remember in the 2005 Ashes (that's cricket between the English and the Aussies), Glenn McGrath managed to injure himself before the deciding game by stepping on a ball during training and messing up ligaments in his ankle. Naturally his side lost.

That was a good one.

This should probably go in the 'stupidity thread' as well:

Washington cornerback DeAngelo Hall tore his Achilles tendon in his kitchen while getting pizza.

No truth to the rumor that Nate Burleson was the guy who delivered the pizza

Hey, he was in the kitchen at the time when he hurt himself. Maybe he was making his own. It's not delivery, it's DeAngelo.

• Like 20

Tony Romo has 2 fractures in his back

It is possible he will still play on Sunday

To a layman, that sounds insane. . . .

Clara Hughes won an Olympic medal for Canada in cycling with a broken back. But cycling isn't (theoretically) a contact sport either.

Kids don't try this at home.