DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Sad ending for Wiggins there, that mistake was too costly.

The Bulls lack of offense in late 4th is scary, same thing happened yesterday against the Cavs, there's a lack of ball movement and assertiveness. They really NEED Rose.

EDIT: Not only the Lakers are a professional basketball team but now Bennett is professional basketball player too.

I am loving what they are doing with these new court intros. I haven't checked out the Spurs yet to see if they are doing cool shit. As 5 time champs, it would be cool to see that with some Larry O'Brien action. 

I'm watching Lakers/GSW from last night. I don't think I've seen more than 5 minutes of the Dubs yet. There's 9 minutes in the first quarter and Kobe has already taken a seemingly absurd amount of awful shots. Also, I know what Klay did last night. He's super confident going to the rim in this game already. That's great to see. I really like that guy. I know the Lakers are beyond awful on defense but it's still great to see him drive.

Watch the third...

Kobe, Ed Davis & Jordan Hill have been very good to start the season...sadly rest of the team has been awful. Davis as a third big on a contending team would be a pretty nice pick-up. Here everyone's already asking Byron Scott why he doesn't just switch from Boozer to Davis, but I think that may have ended when Randle got hurt in game 1 of the regular season.

Wesley Johnson, Boozer and Lin make me wish for the days of Kwame, Smush and Luke Walton. That's how bad they've been as starters.

I think he's exactly as good as the team he's on. He doesn't make teams better or worse. He's exactly average.

GSW looks so much better on offense than they did last year. Their defense was great last season but Mark Jackson on offense was absolutely terrible. Curry, Iguodala and Bogut are three of the best passers in the league. How a team with those weapons and that creativity could stall on offense like that is mindboggling. They should only have a handful of possessions a game where they have to take a bad shot. T

Can you imagine if Pop was in charge of the Dubs? Oh my god.

That third quarter was something else. Kudos to Kobe for making those shots, but he shouldn't have taken maybe.. oh... almost all of them? Those quarters are going to be few and far between.

Him taking the shots, or making them ;)

Going into the the fourth and with Michael Kidd-Gilchrist out from a nasty fall in the first quarter, Lance Stevenson has picked up the slack nicely.  He's done a great job on Carmelo when he's on him and has had several heady plays in the third.  It's the third straight close game for the Hornets as they lead by 1.

Regardless of what record they finish with, this year's Heat team is already a fuckton more enjoyable to watch than last year's. By the end of the season they could be right up there with the Wade/Odom/Butler team before the Shaq deal as my favorite Heat team of all time.

• Like 1

I haven't been impressed with Lin. Boozer's been so bad, Lakers fans haven't started on Lin's awfulness. They need to keep playing them though...and dammit Sixers, Pistons and Magic need to start winning games.

Please no. I already have all the Duke games circled on the calendar this year.

Knicks should've brought in LJ tonight for the return of the Charlotte Hornets. I missed them and Hugo, the loveable cuddly big blue insect.

In a totally unrelated thought I think it is a joke that the Knicks haven't retired Bernard King's number. You could make a real case he was the single most dominant player in team history.

I haven't been impressed with Lin. Boozer's been so bad, Lakers fans haven't started on Lin's awfulness. They need to keep playing them though...and dammit Sixers, Pistons and Magic need to start winning games.

SIxers, win?

:D

Yeah, right.  Nice one.

Knicks should've brought in LJ tonight for the return of the Charlotte Hornets. I missed them and Hugo, the loveable cuddly big blue insect.

In a totally unrelated thought I think it is a joke that the Knicks haven't retired Bernard King's number. You could make a real case he was the single most dominant player in team history.

I don't think 4 years with a team is enough. They were a bad team half those years as well.