DVDVR Message Board

The Web Comic Thread

Ellsworth Toohey

So, judging by his Twitter feed, I think Jeph Jacques' fans are starting to tire of the amazing adventures of Dale and his holo-companion May.

You mean Jeph can't please the MOAR DALE crowd and the TOO MUCH DALE crowd at the same time? D'awww.

So, judging by his Twitter feed, I think Jeph Jacques' fans are starting to tire of the amazing adventures of Dale and his holo-companion May.

You mean Jeph can't please the MOAR DALE crowd and the TOO MUCH DALE crowd at the same time? D'awww.

My only issue I ever had with Jeph was him fucking me over on a Xmas, when It took 2 months to get merch from him. Luckily, Topatoco is handling it now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had always wondered why, with the advent of webcomics, Watterson never got back i nthe game, especially since it really seemed to fit his concerns about space limitations. Hell I'm not going to judge the guy, I still have all of C&H I ca nre-read

James

Because Watterson is, sadly, pretty much a recluse. The fact that Pastis got to work with one of the greatest cartoonist to ever live is like catching the Loch Ness Monster with a dollar store fishing rod.

Also, it's nice to see that Watterson hasn't lost his touch.

• 3 months later...

And the Fonz has landed on the other side of the shark.  He hit the "launch ramp" when Marten and Dora broke up, hit the peak of the jump with the introduction of the interns, and now he has completed his jump.

...it would maybe help if you named the webcomic in question?  I know that you're probably only talking to other people who already read that strip and know who Marten and Dora are, but us ignorant folk would like a little help.  

questionable content dot net

One of the better slice of life comics whose writer gets very defensive (to the point of injuring himself) if the tumblr crowd criticise his characters.

Marten is the main character.

Dora is his now ex girlfriend whos gone gay.

The interns are two people who have the hots for him.

• 2 weeks later...

In all fairness, it was stated almost from the start that Dora was bi.

The author has had some issues in the past, as I remember hearign the hand stabbing had more to do with his personal life than the fan reaction to the comic

James

• 2 weeks later...