DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2016 THREAD

RIPPA

Right, I've masturbated all night and all day over pictures of the Welsh team. I am now completely out of bodily fluids. I went for a jog and saw that most of the Belgian flags were already taken down from the streets by those cunts who will now lose all interest in football and will only jump back onto the bandwagon when it looks like Belgium has a chance of making another tournament, at which point their cuntishness will manifest itself once more into an obnoxious miasma that seeps out of their pores and clings to everything they touch like olive oil filtered through seven cancer-ridden arseholes.

Time for Germany. God, I love football sometimes.

• Like 1

This game kills me. Shaky first 45, really good second half, goal...could it be? No, we start with administrative football and let the Squadra back in, our best defender gives away an ott ridiculous pen, Hummels gets booked (the bs yellow against Slovakia of course coming back to haunt us). I expect Italy to score once I've finished this post.

I'm so exhausted. I felt so much desperation. It was a CURSE match because we really should have put this one to bed within 75 minutes. However, the penalty magic + the might of the German QF worked hard. Never been more relieved. Done.

Edit: Forgot...kudos to Italy who played good and made us work as always.

• Like 1

I don't think he will retire, but the sheer possibility of this being Buffon's last game on intenational stage was very moving. The Italian's were always heartbreakers for a German fan, but as a former GK, Gianluigi was among my favourite players. 

Personal shootout opinions: Zaza's pen wins the "laughable attempts" competition, although Müller was a close second with failing with both, idea and execution. Darmien's pen was quite weak aswell. Özil and Bonucci were both unlucky, both pks were well placed and with good power. Schweinsteiger and Pelle both tried to go for "good" pks, had the right idea but bad execution. It was weird how good the majority of the eight penalties taken were once the shootout went into k.o.mode. Young and inexperienced players did what the vets couldn't do.

• Like 2

Spain broke their Italian curse in a PK shootout in the Quarter-finals of the Euros in 2008 and now Germany has done the same 8 years later! Excited to see if the Iceland story continues today. Either way, Germany vs France/Iceland will be a great semi-final (and probably produce the tournament winner I think).

Loving Iceland even more after that match. They tried and tried and didn't cease efforts for the whole second half. Amazing spirit. 

France was in the driver seat as soon as they scored their first. France v Wales final seems most likely, but it's the semis and anything can happen.