DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2016 THREAD

RIPPA

I know and fully understand how everything is going to fall back on Hodgson's coaching and maybe England being horrible, but take nothing away from Iceland. They played simple and tactically sound. That Bjarnasson fellow is easily among the top players of the tournament. He is running up and down the pitch like a maniac, winning one-on-ones, holding possession and has great slick passing paired with amazing vision. Really happy for Snorri Sturlusons kin.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This cannot be (completely) true as he is currently playing for German 2nd league club Kaiserslautern, before he played for Viking Stavanger in Norway. I guess there might be some truth there as the Norwegian league has a long winter break.

Gimli, Manitoba is going wild!

(For those of you that aren't me or Dewar, Gimli is a town in Manitoba that was originally settled by Icelanders and a lot of descendants still live there. They also have a really cool film festival every summer, where they set up screens on the beach)

Hate when England loses, but if it had to be anyone, so fucking cool it was the Icelanders.

HWWSbLk.jpg?1

• Like 1

So how did the Wales team react to the final whistle during ENGvsICE? Like this:

Stay classy, lads.

1 hour ago, DangerMark said:

Yeah, sure. Let's go with that. Nothing at all to do with the scientific fact that the tears of defeated Englishmen are the sweetest in all the world.

They would be sweet, they're so rare. If you're Welsh and a Rugby fan, you've had a fair bit of time to celebrate being more successful than England over the decades. But if you're Welsh and a footy fan... this would be the first time ever, wouldn't it? Even though they just lost to England last week and are therefore clearly inferior.