DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2016 THREAD

RIPPA

It's not like Goetze was exactly lighting it up either. At least Draxler is match fit. It's going to be interesting next round when they have to face a bogey team regardless of who wins the ITA/ESP match.

I should bitch more about Draxler. Good match from Germany. There was a short spell where they looked like sth could go wrong around the 40th minute and at the start of the 2nd half. But the squad answered with a goal right away. Not happy about the endless wait until Saturday, but it will be a great matchup.

• Like 2

Well I did expect this result to happen. Italy were definitely the better team and deserve to be in the Quarter-Finals. Will Germany finally break their Italian curse or does it continue? Will be something to find out! The result today stings a little bit but I was expecting it. Ah well, ready to see how the rest of the tournament unfolds!

Spain had an amazing generation of players and they have given their fans a lot to cheer about up until two years ago. They have to face the very difficult challenge of rebuilding now. It will be tough, especially considering how great the team has been between 2008 and 2012, since it will mean saying "kbyethx" to many good players. It will also mean new faces with a different mentality. Italy totally had their number for roughly 70 minutes, no good passing from Spain and chances only through long balls...I sure would have preferred playing them in the QF.

But instead it's Germany v ITALY at a major tournament. Squadra Azzura has looked tremendous against the "big" teams in EURO 2016. We all now how this is going to end for us, my hope is it'll be entertaining and not excruciating.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Hart almost had the ball though.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

More goalies need to utilize the "big splash" technique.

• Like 4