DVDVR Message Board

Twin Peaks is coming back on Showtime in 2016.

Reed

tumblr_ncy76nQdtG1r87tiqo2_400.png

Netflix was everyone's first thought but Showtime are apparently a possibility, too.

Interesting idea and hopefully something comes of this. We've had endless Twin Peaks rip offs, so we may as well have the real thing back.

I think most of the main people, including MacLachlan are available. (Guy that played Bob sadly died a while back, though, I think.) God, I hope they don't try it without MacLachlan.

Wow, that's great news. I'm surprised David Lynch is so involved with this, both writing and directing every episode.

I hope this will be a little bit more accessible than Inland Empire.

Inland Empire was Lynch at his worst, IMO. Just too indecipherable. His best work (Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive) has always been hard to work out too, but at least there's usually a steady narrative.

I assume BOB will be back, just in a different form.

I'm calling no questions answered as to cliffhangers from the first series.

Supposedly one potential plan for the third season was to pull a Mulholland Drive-type switcharoo and have Cooper and Audrey and everyone else be different people with different names and no memories of being who they were before.

Wow, that's great news. I'm surprised David Lynch is so involved with this, both writing and directing every episode.

I hope this will be a little bit more accessible than Inland Empire.

Inland Empire was Lynch at his worst, IMO. Just too indecipherable. His best work (Twin Peaks, Mulholland Drive) has always been hard to work out too, but at least there's usually a steady narrative.

I watched Inland Empire with about 4 or 5 buddies of mine.

By the 60 minute mark everyone had left, except one of them. When the film was over I just stared at the other guy and he stared back and then we just laughed maniacally for a minute or so.

Definitely not a movie I would recommend to anyone.

OK, that is some amazing foreshadowing.

It couldn't have possibly been intentional, there's no way Lynch & Co. could've known the show would get cancelled and then two decades later there would suddenly be this boom in restarting old prematurely-cancelled cult shows.  But still, it's a heck of a coincidence.  

• Like 1

It couldn't have possibly been intentional, there's no way Lynch & Co. could've known the show would get cancelled and then two decades later there would suddenly be this boom in restarting old prematurely-cancelled cult shows.  But still, it's a heck of a coincidence.  

There are some ways.  David Lynch is a warlock and necromancer.  

• Like 2

I hate to imagine what you'd do if they brought back Firefly.

Is that aimed at me? Because I personally think Firefly is awful and I don't really know what that has to do with a David Lynch project?

Apparently they did have a fair idea it was getting canned. A lot of people in the cast and crew lost faith in it towards the end, from what I've read.

I do think Lynch figured it would be back...eventually. But the 25 years things is amazing, even if it's mostly a coincidence.