DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Allegedly Dusty is the one tasked with teaching Fergal Devitt to drive in NXT. If this is true that needs to be on the network immediately.

Dusty was on a drunken twitter rampage yesterday afternoon. I have no idea idea what he was going on about but damn the network should have a Dusty Rhodes midday show. Just have him go on about anything he wants for two solid hours a day.

Why does IMDB list Leon White (with an actual pic of Vader no less) as the musical guest on the Nov. 1, 2006 episode of Late Night with Conan O'Brien?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=late+night+with+conan+o%27brien+nov+1+2006#

They didn't even need google, just clicking on the imdb link to that episode would've told them that Mastadon played that night and someone was just making a dumb joke.

NOW FERGIE DIS A BAD NAY-BAHOOD BABY. WHEN WE PAHK WE GONNA PUT ON DA CLUB.

The what?

DA CLUB! DA CLUB BABY. WE GON BE CLUBBERIN' IF YOU WEEEEEEL.

My favorite Dusty quote was from Starrcade 96. The Brain was talking about how if DDP just hooked the middle rope, he could have leverage on an abdominal stretch and the ref couldn't see it b/c it was the middle and not the top rope. Dusty pauses and goes, "dat's cheatin....dat's cheatin but dat's good!" My friends and I quoted that for ages.

• Like 1

It's too bad Dick Murdoch is dead b/c according to Chris Jericho, he could teach Fergal how to drive and throw beer cans at road signs.

Hayes taught the Hardys to do it.

Apparently it's a skill you can only master after 30 years in (Triple H voice on) THIS BUSINESS (Triple H voice off).

From what I've read, Harley Race used to shoot road signs while drinking beer and driving. Not that I'm advocating drinking and driving and shooting while drunk but if that's true, that's pretty damn impressive.

The next WWE Studios movie needs to feature Dusty taking Devitt out for a driving lesson but accidentally running afoul of the law or being framed and getting in a cross-country chase by some redneck sheriff and his half-witted son.

Oh come on. Dusty as Sheriff Buford T. Justice would be amazing.

DAY AINT NO WAY. NO WAY DAT YOU CAME FROM MAH LOINS. Soon as I get home I'm gonna elbow yo mama right in the head.

• Like 3

I've been watching nitro 95/96 along with accompanying ppvs. God I hate Hulk Hogan and his cronies (nasty boys, Duggan, beefcake). Terrible promos, entrance music, angles. Beefcake could be the worst wrestler of all time. Zero in-ring talent, bad gimmicks, I hate him here with the Diamond Doll showing his ass.

• Like 1

Thank god I'm not the only one who didn't get aboard the Nasty Boys and Beefcake train that rolled through here some time ago...

Nasties have some legitimately good matches (usually involving a ton of weapons and brawling and not much "wrestling" but good is good) along with a lot of fucking terrible stuff.

• Like 1

Thank god I'm not the only one who didn't get aboard the Nasty Boys and Beefcake train that rolled through here some time ago...

Nasties have some legitimately good matches (usually involving a ton of weapons and brawling and not much "wrestling" but good is good) along with a lot of fucking terrible stuff.

I don't think any team has ever been better at beating up Mick Foley.

• Like 1