DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Plus, what will happen if Chrisley crosses streams with Raw's scheduled celebrity guest star, NeNe Leakes of "Real Housewives of Atlanta"?

Yes, what will happen? I'M DYING TO KNOW!!!!!!!

Look, I like you guys and all, but I'm just going to say that if you sit and watch this, knowing you're going to hate this, then you're pretty much a masochist at best. Raw is so much better consumed on youtube the next day. 

Next Monday night, watch this trios match instead:

Or watch Jim Breaks:

Or watch Volk Han:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq3HTIu4G_k

Or this clash of the titans:

Or this awesome music video from Memphis of the $500 per punch match:

Just watch something else. You can catch the good parts of Raw the next day on youtube. I promise. I care about your well-being, everyone.

• Like 7

It does annoy me when certain friends of mine trash the WWE announce team with their lame jokes and lack of focus on the in-ring product but live tweet puns and dumb one-liners 300 times during RAW.

Then again, I'm not the kind of fan that feels like they HAVE to watch. I get my updates from Review-A-Wai. :)

• Like 1

The sad thing is that WWE is in holding pattern right now. They have no incentive to actually put on good programming because they've diversified their investments so much that the on-screen product could completely tank and they'd still be financially solvent. 

It does annoy me when certain friends of mine trash the WWE announce team with their lame jokes and lack of focus on the in-ring product but live tweet puns and dumb one-liners 300 times during RAW.

Then again, I'm not the kind of fan that feels like they HAVE to watch. I get my updates from Review-A-Wai. :)

I wonder how many of us just keep up with Raw via other means like this?  I DVR it and then read an online summary the next morning.  Later, I'll hear it reviewed on Observer podcasts and I'll try to check out anything that got a positive review, but mostly I just delete it.

• Like 1

Yes, but you can talk about any of those on the board at the time, but you can't talk about Raw. We're better than twitter. We have more characters. Like Craig and Jae.

I get far more visibility by arguing during Raw on Twitter.  It's timely and global.   It's like a live show thread but you don't have to listen to everyone.

Your Twitter follower count is the new Q Score.  Retweets are money.

(Seriously, though, I prefer Twitter for "in the heat of the moment" stuff, and the board for longer-form discussion after the fact.  Two different animals, at least to me.)

• Like 1

So aside from Sandow, who could do a Nise CM Punk for them? Somebody from the indies? You know they're too ashamed to not go vengeance route like that, in the style of mini-Bret or Gillberg, but if they ever got really hurting and Vince was slavering with hatred for all those he thought brought him down. In that case I imagine there could be a Nise Lesnar too...

Nah, he would just call Punk up and open the bank.

Look at this fuckin' guy...

COUNTERPOINT (containing things worse than the Team Challenge Series):

The Authority may think they know what's best for business, but Todd Chrisley from USA Network's "Chrisley Knows Best" original series just might want to challenge that come Raw this Monday.

One night before his self-titled, real-life family comedy kicks off season two on USA, Chrisley will make a special appearance, live on Monday Night Raw in Atlanta.

Also: NeNe Leakes to guest star Atlanta's Raw

The "Patriarch of Perfection" is infamous for quick-witted one-liners and an overprotective, extreme parenting style. (Ever met a dad with tracking devices on all of his kids' cars?) In the first season, viewers joined the Chrisleys for many crazy milestones and over-the-top family adventures. Will the Raw roster embrace Chrisley should the outspoken reality TV star try to apply his parenting skills toward the WWE locker room?

Plus, what will happen if Chrisley crosses streams with Raw's scheduled celebrity guest star, NeNe Leakes of "Real Housewives of Atlanta"?

Tune in to Raw live at 8/7 CT this Monday night to see what happens! Then, catch the season premiere of "Chrisley Knows Best" on Tuesday night with two back-to-back episodes of the laugh-out-loud reality series.

I know what I am not watching on Monday night.

As much as the thought of Chrisley on anything televised (much less existing) makes me want to vomit, you know he's only gonna be on two segments at most. There's that little gimmick called a remote that changes to horror movies on the upper channels for when that happens. It works for Divas matches, backstage segments, Cena talking, hell anything you don't want to watch! You might wanna invest in one and use it judiciously, that way you can pry your underwear from your ass crack on here about Raw for the most part.

But then, that wouldn't be any fun, would it?