DVDVR Message Board

OCT WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Kane and Orton are the modern day Stevie Ray and Buff Bagwell.

I'll agree to disagree on Kane. But don't talk shit about Buff like that, at least he was in the NWO and had a sweet top hat. Plus "American Males, American Males, American Males, American Males, American Males, American Males" beats the shit out of "I hear voices in my head" any day of the week

• Like 2

My friend had a great idea of a stable of bare knuckle ass kickers led by Big Show consisting of BNB, Rowan, Sheamus, and Mojo. Makes me think a Sheamus/Rowan mentor angle could go somewhere.

That's a pretty cool idea your friend had. I had a similar idea but it was BNB, Sheamus, and Cesaro: The European Union.

Maybe they could try retconning Show as still being Andre's kid and have him represent France

My friend had a great idea of a stable of bare knuckle ass kickers led by Big Show consisting of BNB, Rowan, Sheamus, and Mojo. Makes me think a Sheamus/Rowan mentor angle could go somewhere.

That's a pretty cool idea your friend had. I had a similar idea but it was BNB, Sheamus, and Cesaro: The European Union.

Maybe they could try retconning Show as still being Andre's kid and have him represent France

Actually he had Cesaro in it too now that I think of it.

I hate saying it but he comes up with great stuff. He was a total lapsed fan and his handicapped brother is a total mall so we all started watching again last year and at first he was all like "Kane should be world champion, how can Cesaro throw out Big Show!" but he realised the older guys can't carry it anymore so he got the idea that all the veterans, Show, Henry, etc should lead stables, which is a great idea.

My favorite one he came up with, which was back before the Shield break up, was a team of Reigns and the Usos as a heel Samoan group, dressed in all black suits like a mafia, sick of their ethnic lineage being a tool for the McMahon's, saying Rikishi and other dudes never got their due. I think he has Rikishi as their manager.

I like that the Wyatts are breaking up on good terms and could come back together at any time, and I am all for Luke Harper, WWE World Heavyweight Champion at some point here in the near future, but I don't know if breaking up the Wyatts after they have been decimated by Cena and the Usos is the best option. In fact, at this point I think they would be better expanding the family, especially if that means re-packaging the Ascension into something that isn't shitty. Have these guys go back to dominating the people they run up against and get their aura back before you spin Luke Harper off into a singles star.

Plus, I do think that Erick Rowan needs the cover of the stable to be really useful at this point.

The problem with expanding the family is that you have the Authority as the top heel group. The Authority is not letting the Wyatt's get over them as heels.It's ashame because there is so much more potential and places to go with the Wyatt's than The Authority. The heel authority figures in wrestling has been beaten to death and needs to go away and stay away. Is there any way Orton and Kane can be repackaged at this point, so they're not fucking dull as dishwater? I feel like being stuck with Orton and Kane drags Seth Rollins down. I just can't bring myself to care about anything involving Kane and Orton, nor do I want to watch HHH and Stephanie verbally burying the rest of the roster.

I said it last month, Orton needs to go, he's the crutch (along with Cena) that keeps them from trying ANYTHING new. If this were 97 Orton would've shit in one too many bags and gotten screwed on ppv, wandered around WCW, and come back with a new gimmick. I personally think he's the boringest wrestler in the company, more than Slater, more than Fandango, more than Hornswoggle. I hate that Fuckin dude. I hate his theme, his tattoos, his haircut, his pose, his pound the mat crap, his storyline, I wish the WWE would lose Orton to a wellness violation just to force their hand.

I would retire Cena for a while too, make him an on air, NON PHYSICAL, GM or something for eighteen months, he can come back but fuck ma'am, business needs to go down to come back up.

• Like 4

The Wyatts breaking up makes me sad. But then I realize well its not like they were doing anything with them anyway. Bray should have won at Wrestlemania. That should have been a star making moment. Hell...they could have started dare I say a new streak.

I'm pretty sure Vince probably doesn't like Bray because he doesn't meet his criteria for a star. He's short, has a big gut. Harper on the other hand could totally be a break out star of they don't screw this up. Give him some furry boots and allude that he might be distantly related to Bruiser Brody. Big boots and clotheslines to be had for all.

Could anyone imagine say like five years ago that Jon Moxley vs. Brody Lee would be a potential Wrestlemania main event?

• Like 1

The Wyatts breaking up makes me sad. But then I realize well its not like they were doing anything with them anyway. Bray should have won at Wrestlemania. That should have been a star making moment. Hell...they could have started dare I say a new streak.

I'm pretty sure Vince probably doesn't like Bray because he doesn't meet his criteria for a star. He's short, has a big gut. Harper on the other hand could totally be a break out star of they don't screw this up. Give him some furry boots and allude that he might be distantly related to Bruiser Brody. Big boots and clotheslines to be had for all.

Could anyone imagine say like five years ago that Jon Moxley vs. Brody Lee would be a potential Wrestlemania main event?

Dead on about the Wrestlemania loss. All because they had nothing to do for the golden boy they sacrificed a hot prospect. I'm getting so annoyed thinking about the psst years booking.

Everybody know Scotty Riggs carried the Males with his sweet dropkick and beard stubble. Plus the clap > whatever Buff has

Oh, come on, that's not even fair! Riggs wasn't worth a shit til Raven took his eye out!

I will never forget when Scotty Riggs showed up in ECW as Scotty Anton and they tried to push him with RVD and I was like Noooooooooooooooope that is Scotty Riggs and he is a goober.

• Like 1

Dead on about the Wrestlemania loss. All because they had nothing to do for the golden boy they sacrificed a hot prospect. I'm getting so annoyed thinking about the psst years booking.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original plan for Bray to win, but Vince changed the finish because he didn't want Taker and Cena both losing at Mania?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original plan for Bray to win, but Vince changed the finish because he didn't want Taker and Cena both losing at Mania?

I can't confirm but sounds stupid enough to be right.

I can't confirm but sounds stupid enough to be right.

Well, the average male life expectancy is 76 years old. Maybe Vince just said I've got more time behind me than ahead of me, so fuck the future because I may not be here to see it.

The problem with the Wyatts was it was not going anywhere. It has been over a year and there was no explanation of what Bray was or where he came from. 

He would do these cryptic promos that said nothing. Like when Dewey Cox was in his Bob Dylan phase. 

There is a story for him but it is going nowhere. but we have no idea who he is or what he wants. 

• Like 2

The problem with the Wyatts was it was not going anywhere. It has been over a year and there was no explanation of what Bray was or where he came from.

He would do these cryptic promos that said nothing. Like when Dewey Cox was in his Bob Dylan phase.

There is a story for him but it is going nowhere. but we have no idea who he is or what he wants.

That should fall on WWE's crack writing staff. If they can't come up with storylines for Bray Wyatt, what hope does the rest of the roster have? When does someone realize that ex-Hollywood writers can't write a wrestling program?