DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 9/26/14

victor

Watched most of the show with my mom in the hospital. She is a 59 year old woman who likes being honest and her thoughts were amusing:

She thought the stuff with Dean, Seth and Kane was stupid. She was bummed to see Kane not tossing people around.

She kept calling everyone a foo.

Didn't understand the battle royal concept until I said it was kind like the Rumble. She loves the Rumble but thought it was a stupid match. She laughed when Bo bite Kofi's hand.

She said Nattie was cross eyed. She didn't catch her name and kept calling her 'the old one.'

That was it. She got tired of watching it.

• Like 1

Ambrose-Miz was a great opener. They work really well together and Miz felt really credible in there since he wasn't being treated as a comedy act. Love the case now being a huge part of the angle - gives me hope for Ambrose grabbing the case in a match since I'd rather see him get the title shot instead of Seth. Plus, it plays off of him wanting to screw over the Authority to take out their champion Brock. The battle royal had some really funny moments - like Mizdow declaring that he's just a stunt double AND HE'S AWESOME, and Slater asking Titus why he went and got eliminated. Swagger was fucking careless with Kofi, and they really need to just talk to him about CARING FOR PEOPLE IN THE RING because he damn near killed Dolph's career a year or so ago. Cesaro came off great here - shame they decided to have the match here instead of on Raw, where you could actually build to something on Raw from an important SD angle.

The tag title match was a lot of fun. Heck, we got to see a Doomsday Device, Superfly dive, and a HEAD AND ARM TAZPLEX! Screwy finish aside, I enjoyed this more than the PPV match. Divas tag was awful. Cesaro-Dolph was pretty good while it lasted, but too short. The follow-up on the blown call was the right story to tell - they just zoomed through every beat of the story way too quickly. Within a minute, you and the finish, two replays, announcer banter, Cesaro and the ref arguing and no rulings being made. It was rushed terribly. Show-Rusev was pretty good. I didn't like the finish since it led to Rusev losing, but it was a solid way to build up a PPV match.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/09/wwe-sd-9-26-14.html

Screens -

1cfe79353858614.jpg

e11ec6353858979.jpg

6a0e79353859513.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/923smxxnc2h7c4c6uk0z3sfvadfj15ka

It's going to be awesome when Rusev sharpens the flag pole into a spear and takes Show down like some kind of megafauna of the jungle. I like that they're giving Rusev more spots to do that showcase and highlight his freakish athleticism. WWE needs to figure out a way to keep Lana constantly in the frame when Rusev is selling and bumping, I get the feeling that by not seeing her sell what's happening we're missing out on half the fun. I loved the finish to the battle royal, it was probably one of the best finishes I've ever seen to one.

I love Ambrose but that clothesline is awful. If it isn't the worst big spot or signature move currently on WWE television it has to be close.

Watched most of the show with my mom in the hospital. She is a 59 year old woman who likes being honest and her thoughts were amusing:

She thought the stuff with Dean, Seth and Kane was stupid. She was bummed to see Kane not tossing people around.

She kept calling everyone a foo.

Didn't understand the battle royal concept until I said it was kind like the Rumble. She loves the Rumble but thought it was a stupid match. She laughed when Bo bite Kofi's hand.

She said Nattie was cross eyed. She didn't catch her name and kept calling her 'the old one.'

That was it. She got tired of watching it.

Apple didn't fall far from the tree, eh?

• Like 7

Prolly. But I know why Ambrose and Rollins are a-fightin' and don't care. She didn't pay any bit of attention to them and asked why was Kane involved.

I told I keep up with the show and still can't give you an answer that makes sense.

I love Ambrose but that clothesline is awful. If it isn't the worst big spot or signature move currently on WWE television it has to be close.

He's taken the move from Nigel McGuiness, but Nigel took it from Les Kellett, who was a comedy-style worker in the 70s. I think Ambrose is a bit too tall for it to look good though... and it's not one of those moves you should do in every match. If he falls out through the ropes in every match, and then only does the rebound Lariat every so often, that's going to make it one of those "You don't know what he's going to do" moves. If he just does the Lariat in every match, it's just a goofy looking move.

You don't want to have a move that's like AJ Styles Pele kick, where the gimmick of the move is that never know when or where it's coming from. Except it's always after a missed Clothesline.

My vote is Ambrose as Taco. The reason he didn't pay the cab driver is because they're Eskimo brothers.

I thought it was established canon that Fandango was Taco.  Imagine a Taco/Charlie spinoff with Fandango and Dean, thought and you've got season three of total Divas.

Ambrose-Miz was a great opener. They work really well together and Miz felt really credible in there since he wasn't being treated as a comedy act. Love the case now being a huge part of the angle - gives me hope for Ambrose grabbing the case in a match since I'd rather see him get the title shot instead of Seth.

Kane told Seth the money in the bank shot was still his even without the briefcase, hated that, so the briefcase actually means nothing? Why does he bother carrying it around if it's worthless? 

Show vs Rusev was pretty good, When they start letting him do more moves, Rusev could be pretty good. 

Ambrose-Miz was a great opener. They work really well together and Miz felt really credible in there since he wasn't being treated as a comedy act. Love the case now being a huge part of the angle - gives me hope for Ambrose grabbing the case in a match since I'd rather see him get the title shot instead of Seth.

Kane told Seth the money in the bank shot was still his even without the briefcase, hated that, so the briefcase actually means nothing? Why does he bother carrying it around if it's worthless? 

Show vs Rusev was pretty good, When they start letting him do more moves, Rusev could be pretty good. 

Because the contract is like a championship belt? Carrying it around symbolizes something. That's like wondering why Brock Lesnar carries around the WWE World Heavyweight Championship when he's still champion no matter who has physical possession of the belt. 

He's taken the move from Nigel McGuiness, but Nigel took it from Les Kellett, who was a comedy-style worker in the 70s. I think Ambrose is a bit too tall for it to look good though... and it's not one of those moves you should do in every match. If he falls out through the ropes in every match, and then only does the rebound Lariat every so often, that's going to make it one of those "You don't know what he's going to do" moves. If he just does the Lariat in every match, it's just a goofy looking move.

You don't want to have a move that's like AJ Styles Pele kick, where the gimmick of the move is that never know when or where it's coming from. Except it's always after a missed Clothesline.

I don't agree. Having a predictable moveset, especially for your cut-off and comeback, is a good thing for a babyface. If I'm in the crowd and saying to myself, "My boy Ambrose is getting the shit kicked out of him. I sure hope he hits the rebound lariat soon!" and then he actually does it, then I'm not watching Ambrose make his comeback, I'm willing him to do it. I'm in the ring with him. We're a team. That's how you get people invested. It's why all top babyfaces have always had the 5 Moves of Doom. It works.

• Like 1

He carries it because he's a braggart, and he can use the case as a weapon whenever he wants.