DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 9/26/14

victor

Sounds interesting. 

WWE will tape this week's episode of WWE SmackDown tonight, which will air September 26th, 2014. Here are the results: 

* The Miz kicks off SmackDown and wants a fight with Dean Ambrose. Miz says he isn't leaving until he gets the fight. Ambrose comes out and accepts the challenge. 

* Dean Ambrose defeated The Miz with Dirty Deeds. Kane and Seth Rollins tried to provide interference during the match. After the match, they attacked Ambrose. Ambrose ran through the crowd and stole Rollins' Money In the Bank briefcase. 

* Stardust and Goldust cut a promo on the big screen about not losing to The Usos tonight. 

* A battle royal to crown a new #1 contender to the Intercontinental Title is next. Participants were Bo Dallas, Jack Swagger, Los Matadores, Cesaro, Zack Ryder, Damien Sandow, Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Heath Slater, Titus O'Neil, Big E, Justin Gabriel and Sin Cara. The match came down to Bo, Swagger, Kofi and Cesaro. Cesaro eliminates Kofi and Swagger at the same time to win. 

* The Usos vs. Stardust and Goldust is next. The Usos win by disqualification when Jimmy Uso goes to put Stardust away but Goldust nails him with the belt. This was said to be a good match. Stardust and Goldust retain. 

* Backstage segment with Kane and Seth Rollins. Rollins wants to take action on Ambrose for taking his briefcase. 

* Layla and Summer Rae defeated Natalya and Rosa Mendes. This was said to be a bad match with several botches. 

* Big Show talks to Renee Young backstage and promises to knock Rusev out tonight. 

* Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Title is next. Ziggler retained the title off a roll up but it was clear that Cesaro had the ropes. Cesaro got screwed. 

* Renee Young interviews Rusev and Lana. 

* Big Show defeated Rusev by disqualification. Show chokeslammed Rusev and went for the knockout punch but Lana distracted him. Rusev nailed Show with the Russian flag for the DQ. Show recovered and knocked Rusev out with the punch to end SmackDown.

Was there any point in Miz's one day title reign? It looks like Dolph is moving onto Cesaro and Miz is going to be floating for a while. Well, WWE might stick him in with Rollins and Ambrose............

The only thing I can think is, they always shove in this "rematch" clause, and they want people to believe that it's not a foregone conclusion.  

Didn't the same thing happen to the Miz at Wrestlemania 29?  That guy has no follow-through.

He had to. The suitcase stew he left in there should be just about done.

Sometimes I think you're describing Taco from The League.

Oh shit. Ambrose is the third MacArthur brother who doesn't give a fuck about fantasy football.

• Like 1

I'm actually okay with the Wyatts being off TV for awhile. They need to get the stink of the last 4-5 months (the end of the Cena feud, constantly jobbing to the Usos, the feud with Jericho) off of them. As long as they're the world beaters they had been up until that point when they get back, it should be fine.

• Like 2

I'm glad Cesaro is still featured on the main shows, but damn, that's some lazy-ass writing right there. Lose a match for one meaningless midcard title, immediately win a battle royal to be the #1 contender for the other one... Come on.

Of the many terrible, lazy things that this company falls back on, this might be the worst. "fuck it, throw everyone in a ring and that'll work" 

What the hell is wrong with a battle royal to determine a number one contender for a title now?

Also, doesn't that add to the importance to the IC title? 30 men entered into a battle royal just for the chance to wrestle for it. Cesaro won and lost to Dolph, and now he wants Ziggler one-on-one.

They should just merge IC and US Titles and bring back the European Title or even create a Television Title. Between the IC and US Titles, I'm not sure which one is more prestigious and that hurts both belts. 

The IC is, easily. But any argument that brings back the European Championship is good in my books.

I'm glad Cesaro is still featured on the main shows, but damn, that's some lazy-ass writing right there. Lose a match for one meaningless midcard title, immediately win a battle royal to be the #1 contender for the other one... Come on.

Of the many terrible, lazy things that this company falls back on, this might be the worst. "fuck it, throw everyone in a ring and that'll work"

And here I am thinking it's an untold fact that the only guy that gets a legit chase for the IC belt is Wade Barrett these days. Which, if you look at the past few years, it's true.

Lil Hennig never happened. 'Kay?

They should just merge IC and US Titles and bring back the European Title or even create a Television Title. Between the IC and US Titles, I'm not sure which one is more prestigious and that hurts both belts. 

It reminds me of this exchange from The Simpsons.

Homer: Who has more power? Miss America or Miss USA?

Carl: I think one's elected, and the other one's appointed.