DVDVR Message Board

Night of Brock Lesnar

Dolfan in NYC

I have a wager with goc on who wins Cena vs Lesnar. I think it has to be Cena and the whole Summerslam thing was just to get people to renew for NOC, He thought that after Summerslam there was no way they didn't keep it on Lesnar for a while. 

I'm feeling pretty good about winning here. Loser has to review 5 matches picked by the winner. 

I'm gracious, of course, so I want people to start thinking of things I can toss at him when he loses. Just in your heads for now.

Are there any Main Event faces left outside of Cena?

They could push Jericho back into that tier but wow is that roster thin at the top on the face side.

Ziggler push!

Sheamus is their actual emergency main-event babyface though, along with Big Show as special attraction main-event babyface.

With Reigns being out, Rollins could come out and issue an open challenge to anyone in the back, maybe even offer to put the MITB case on the line.  Ambrose's music hits, absurd pop ensues, and the resulting match is probably better than what would have been scheduled otherwise.

I have to be honest, I'm not that excited for this show.  I still can't figure out why they're doing Cena/Brock again, so soon.  It'll probably end up as a good match but I still don't care much.  I might end up waiting for them to archive the show, and then just watch that match.  I find it hard to care about anyone else on the card except maybe Cesaro.

Are there any Main Event faces left outside of Cena?

They could push Jericho back into that tier but wow is that roster thin at the top on the face side.

Ziggler push!

Ziggler is their "in case of emergency, break glass" push.  Granted, with Ziggler's ;luck, that only means Brock would throw him through a window before Cena miraculously healed and came back in record time to wrestle the next PPV.

I could see them go either way with the title match, but I tend to think that Cena wins.  I mostly feel that, if they weren't planning to put the belt back on Cena, they would have kept him away from Lesnar.  It seems odd to have your ace get dominated, immediately spend the month calling out the new champ and cutting promos about redeeming himself, get his rematch immediately, then.... lose.  When have they ever treated Cena like that?  They've always kept him strong by having him get his heat back pretty quickly. 

Also, I still don't believe they'd sideline the belt for six more months.  Brock just doesn't appear enough on TV  (and not at all on the house show circuit).

If Brock does win, hopefully the Brock-Reigns WrestleMania title match is just a rumor.

Didn't Brock agree to more dates for his schedule.

And I honestly, I think we're at the point where Lesnar could dominate Cena for 6 straight PPVs, and Cena wouldn't be less over. He's not at that level like Reigns or Ziggler or anyone, where his treatment could kill his career. He's solidly the man.

• Like 1