DVDVR Message Board

Non-Big Two Comics Omnibus Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally caught up with David Lapham's most recent work on Stray Bullets. Stray Bullets was one of the comics I bought when I was still collecting comics. I'm glad he's still producing it after all these years. His art and storytelling have improved immensely from the early issues. The most recent arc was bloated compared to the original series, especially given it was a prequel, and the obligatory Amy Racecar issues grated after a while, but when it was good, it was really, really good.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Lightle's son just posted on FB that his father passed away last night after a heart attack. This really is a bummer as I always loved his work, especially on LSH

RIP Mr. Lightle

James

• Thanks 1

Been reading a collection of both issues of Skywald's Crime Machine series from 71. Grabbed it cheap about a year ago. Didn't know until I started reading it that it just reprints a bunch of Avon published Pre-Code Crime comics. Still the 8 or 9 page stories make it perfect quick reading.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2020 at 10:12 PM, bobholly138 said:

Got in the Complete Neat Stuff Collection. Love it. And almost broke a toe when it fell out of the shipping box and landed on my foot.

I went on a big Bagge run last march during the initial lockdown.  I bought a ton of the trades for a decent price.  

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

What would you say are the must read arcs from The Walking Dead? I've had The Walking Dead, Volume 1: Days Gone By, The Walking Dead, Volume 2: Miles Behind Us and The Walking Dead, Volume 3: Safety Behind Bars sitting in my cupboard which I've never read. I also have the first five issues of The Walking Dead Deluxe which I didn't think I'd asked for on my pull list. How's the books compared to the show? I watched seasons 1-3. Thanks for the help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

This floored me., I was around for the 90’s boom and bust, but if you had told me there was a market for fake Valiant books, I would have laughed.

I am completely up to date with Attack on Titan. I think the last chapter comes out next month. Wow. So many twists and turns. I have no idea who is good or bad, right or wrong. The story became so big that it could have easily spiraled out of control, but it was gripping up until the penultimate chapter. One of the great manga series.

I also started reading Comico's Jonny Quest. That second issue. Wow. A tearjerker that early? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hit up the good comic shop north of me.

The cheap bins hadn;t been restocked since I was there 5 weeks ago. So checked the cheap/clearence TPB shelf.

Got for 7 bucks each

The One-Rick Veitch King Hell printing

Strangers in Paradise Pocket Book vol 1

• 4 weeks later...