DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: SEAN O'HAIRE

RIPPA

God I really wanted him to be the WWE Champion just based on these:

I think everyone was hyped for that devil's advocate character, but if I remember correctly we got him as Piper's lacky instead.  I don't recall him being a super-interesting wrestler, but he could have been an interesting Smackdown champ who feuded with Eddy, Benoit and all the strong workers they had over there at the time.

I remember thinking he had all the potential in the world to be a top tier guy. Even though he came before Lesnar, they were similar in my mind because both were these huge dudes who could fly around the ring and were doing stuff typically reserved for cruiserweights. But O'Haire always had an awesome look and really when you compare him to Mark Jindrak in say 2000, and see how far Jindrak came and how big of a star he turned into in Mexico, it really boggles your mind that O'Haire never did anything of note after that brief run as Pipers lackey. 

• Like 1

I'd given up on WCW by then, so I'm unclear how the Perfect Event (ugh) and O'Haire & Jindrak ended up switching partners.

Also, am I the only one who thought O'Haire looked like Evil Mirror Universe Brendan Fraser?

I don't remember the circumstances, I just remember being glad they put the two good guys (at least I thought Palumbo was decent anyways) together and the two slugs together (Stasiak and Gym Track were both generic as hell to me).

My fantasy booking for O'Haire back in the day was to put him with Saturn as The New Eliminators.

I am assuming this is close to accurate

Palumbo and Stasiak won the WCW Tag Team Championship two more times before splitting in early January 2001 when he and Stasiak won a tag team battle royal with O'Haire and Jindrak for a future tag team title shot. After the conclusion of the match Mike Sanders declared both teams victorious and that any combination of the four would face The Insiders (Diamond Dallas Page and Kevin Nash). Palumbo and O'Haire were the two members of the Natural Born Thrillers who would face and defeat Page and Nash for the tag titles at Sin on January 14, 2001. Following the title victory, the Natural Born Thrillers broke up when the team of Jindrak and Stasiak became jealous of Palumbo and O'Haire. The teams faced each other at SuperBrawl Revenge on February 18, 2001 for the tag team title, which Palumbo and O'Haire retained. The duo also retained the title against Totally Buffed (Buff Bagwell and Lex Luger) at Greed in March, WCW's last pay-per-view. On the final episode of Nitro, Palumbo and O'Haire defeated Team Canada's Mike Awesome and Lance Storm in the final WCW World Tag Team Championship title defense on the program.

• Like 1