DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

http://deadspin.com/report-man-probably-took-piss-with-two-bags-of-footb-1681959964?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

90 seconds to deflate eleven of twelve balls in a bathroom. (instead, he was draining HIS two balls, most likely)

Try harder, NFL.

90 seconds to drain himself....he didn't wash his hands ewwwwwwwww

So they've been deflating balls for 8-9 years and the Colts just decided to officially bring it up.

The league should change the rule back for next season or have a neutral party supply all balls.  If aging QBs can't hang, so be it.

Brady was 29 when they allowed QBs to bring their own footballs.  It's a control/OCD issue--at least that's how it started.

Why Those Statistics About The Patriots' Fumbles Are Mostly Junk

Or one could just look at the chart, realize there's a single outlier in the 2007-2014 range and that all the other seasons are right there next to each other, no long-winded explanation needed :)

Does all the media bitching about and tweeting out pictures of the non-traditional media at media day count as NFL stupidity or just media stupidity?

As someone who studied journalism, I think it's safe to say it is media stupidity.  For people who have dedicated their lives to being on the forefront of every story, they are hilariously short sided(yes, I am an idiot) when it comes to their own industry.  It became very apparent that not only do media people not understand how their industry has changed, most have a level of disdain for anyone who has taken advantage of that change. 

Are we sure that someone can actually tell the difference between a properly inflated football and a slightly deflated football?  We keep asking how the refs couldn't tell the difference, but do we know if there is a perceivable difference. 

I'm sorry man, but "short sided" just took me out of that post like a turd in the ring.

You'd be surprised how much of an idiot I am when it comes to homonyms.  I don't know if I'm just hugely auditory or what, but I'm constantly having to catch myself from typing shit like that "wrestler ways 300 lbs."

I'm sorry man, but "short sided" just took me out of that post like a turd in the ring.

You'd be surprised how much of an idiot I am when it comes to homonyms.  I don't know if I'm just hugely auditory or what, but I'm constantly having to catch myself from typing shit like that "wrestler ways 300 lbs."

WAY OVER 300 LBS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

crash.jpg

• Like 5

Also if you run with the narrative that the chart shows the Pats got good and not fumbling cause of deflated footballs, how does that explain no one untill now noticing that the balls where deflated when Brady threw picks or when they did lose fumbles?

Because everyone else was doing it too and the Colts are the idiots who ratted them out.

You'd be surprised how much of an idiot I am when it comes to homonyms. I don't know if I'm just hugely auditory or what, but I'm constantly having to catch myself from typing shit like that "wrestler ways 300 lbs."Sided and sighted aren't homonyms :)

We'll forgive ya anyway :)