DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

One guy looks like a model, one guy looks like Palpatine.  Go figure.

Yeah.  Since he got away with leaving a good-looking pregnant girlfriend to hook up with a good-looking supermodel, it's no surprise Brady is considered holy grail.  He's living the dream that 99% of those carrying XY chromsomes can only hope for.

Go figure, indeed. <_<

My mom thinks the Patriots should be disqualified and that the Colts and Packers should play a game this weekend to see who goes to the Superbowl in their place.

I mean, that would never happen in a million years, but it would be the greatest boon for TV and social media ever.

My mom thinks the Patriots should be disqualified and that the Colts and Packers should play a game this weekend to see who goes to the Superbowl in their place.

I mean, that would never happen in a million years, but it would be the greatest boon for TV and social media ever.

Moms are great.

• Like 1

Not that this is at that level, but what would they do if they did figure out someone actually won a game by nefarious means? 

Not that this is at that level, but what would they do if they did figure out someone actually won a game by nefarious means? 

BURY it. . . . 

Did the refs pass dodgy balls? If the Patriots were chancing their arm by giving the refs wonky balls to test, but the refs passed them, that is skirting the cheating line in daring the refs to call it but it's nowhere near as bad as tampering after inspection.

Did the refs pass dodgy balls? If the Patriots were chancing their arm by giving the refs wonky balls to test, but the refs passed them, that is skirting the cheating line in daring the refs to call it but it's nowhere near as bad as tampering after inspection.

Which is something that still hasn't been answered by the NFL. Who had the balls after the refs oked them

It's a good question.  What if we're dealing with the Pats initially giving the referee balls just above the minimum pressure so they'd pass inspection? But IF they get the balls back, their equipment manager was under instruction by Brady/Hoodie to lower the pressure? With the belief that the balls wouldn't be inspected again?

If that's true--and granted, that's a big if--yeesh, what a mess.

I just wished someone in the press conference would have just admitted that they are asking questions because they are doing "balls" jokes.  Everyone else is treating this as serious news when deep down you know they are saying "We just got Tom Brady to admit how he likes his balls EH EH EH"  

Like I have said before, every the most passionate person who thinks this is worse than BountyGate, SpyGate, or the Ray rice situation STILL believes that the Pats would have beaten the Colts if everything was fair.   So what are we fucking arguing about

I just wished someone in the press conference would have just admitted that they are asking questions because they are doing "balls" jokes.  Everyone else is treating this as serious news when deep down you know they are saying "We just got Tom Brady to admit how he likes his balls EH EH EH"  

Like I have said before, every the most passionate person who thinks this is worse than BountyGate, SpyGate, or the Ray rice situation STILL believes that the Pats would have beaten the Colts if everything was fair.   So what are we fucking arguing about

Just because someone didn't have to cheat, doesn't excuse them from actually cheating.  If Mike Tyson started every fight by kicking his opponent in the nuts, when he eventually would have knocked them out any way doesn't mean he shouldn't kick people in the nuts.  The issue isn't that it had any bearing on the outcome of the game, the issue is that they tried to do something illegal to help them in case the game was close.  There is no way that 11 out of their 12 balls were under inflated on accident, especially when we know that none of the Colts balls were under inflated.  Someone decided to deflate those balls, and thankfully it had no bearing on the outcome of the game.  That does not mean that it wasn't wrong.