DVDVR Message Board

This Week In NFL Stupidity

hammerva

Obviously the Broncos didn't need the help. It still is a bad visual though, and in private the probably should get their butts chewed really good. . .

They didn't.

The league had no problem with the gesture, which came after line judge John Hussey and umpire Carl Paganelli consulted to determine whether Anderson had crossed the goal line before his knee was down.

"It was an acknowledgement of good mechanics between the two officials involved in making the call," NFL spokesman Michael Signora said.

Goodell plans to unveil a stricter personal-conduct policy that mirrors the rules established by the New York Police Department, CBS News reports.

So I guess choking someone until they die will be allowed in the new NFL policy

At the risk of starting a conversation we don't need to be having, that dude actually died from being placed facedown with his hands behind him, not the choke.  Position asphyxia, it's called.

Goodell plans to unveil a stricter personal-conduct policy that mirrors the rules established by the New York Police Department, CBS News reports.

But will the player get paid to not play?

Just glanced at the key points on ESPN. Don't see how this is a tough policy.

Goodell plans to unveil a stricter personal-conduct policy that mirrors the rules established by the New York Police Department, CBS News reports.

At the risk of starting a conversation we don't need to be having, that dude actually died from being placed facedown with his hands behind him, not the choke.  Position asphyxia, it's called.

Jae's standing right over there with a gigantic scimitar that he's not afraid to use.  

• Like 3

Are we not going to discuss how the NFL's response to them being terribly ineffective at all this discipline stuff is that they are going to double down on all this discipline stuff.  We can't possibly be this dumb right?  Being heavy handed and overbearing is not a solution to the problem of not understanding how to properly discipline players.  First and foremost, why are they disciplining these players?  Is this about prevention, or is it about look at me I'm keeping these dudes in check? It is clearly the latter, and that is a slippery slope that is the exact same one they just fell down.  They still don't really have any rules, and are still just making up punishments as they go along.  It is the exact same policy, except they may or may not ask someone else what to do from time to time.

Forbes online published an article today about how the NFL's new policy is basically a blatant circumvention of labor law between an employer and a union (in this case the NFLPA) because they are making unilateral changes to work policy without the union's approval. This doesn't do much of anything for their credibility on any front.

I'd link to it but Forbes are clickbait shitbums that split one article across three pages, so no.

NEW ORLEANS — Former Saints player Darren Sharper has been indicted by an Orleans Parish grand jury on two counts of aggravated rape. Alleged accomplices, Erik Nunez and St. Bernard Parish deputy Brandon Licciardi, were also indicted by the grand jury.

All face possible life sentences for aggravated rape charges after Friday's indictment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/12/12/darren-sharper-indicted-rape-charges/20299089/

• Like 1

NEW ORLEANS — Former Saints player Darren Sharper has been indicted by an Orleans Parish grand jury on two counts of aggravated rape. Alleged accomplices, Erik Nunez and St. Bernard Parish deputy Brandon Licciardi, were also indicted by the grand jury.

All face possible life sentences for aggravated rape charges after Friday's indictment.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/12/12/darren-sharper-indicted-rape-charges/20299089/

About damn time. He's got cases pending in, what, 3 other states?

About damn time. He's got cases pending in, what, 3 other states?

Yep, California, Nevada, and Arizona.

There seems to be a lot of evidence getting thrown out of the name redacted case.  Is there a chance name redacted gets off.  This seemed like the most ironclad of cases when everything went down, but name redacted might be running these streets soon, and I for one think I'm staying away from Boston, Florida, or wherever else name redacted might be.

There seems to be a lot of evidence getting thrown out of the name redacted case.  Is there a chance name redacted gets off.  This seemed like the most ironclad of cases when everything went down, but name redacted might be running these streets soon, and I for one think I'm staying away from Boston, Florida, or wherever else name redacted might be.

First Harvin Marrison and now this?  It's ok. I never wanted to go outside again anyway.

I don't know who it is you are referring to, but is he the one who may or may not have shot someone in front of his business, with his gun, that he said was never out of his possession, and the cops decided that they didn't want those problems?  Because if that is who you are talking about, I've never heard of him.

• Like 1

Catching up on the Peterson stuff. Is he really going for the 'poor me' card? And I normally think Clayton is the smartest guy ESPN has, but him feeling sorry that a multimillionaire isn't going to be allowed to make more money blows my mind.