DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

On a more important level, why wouldn't they take this opportunity to rebrand? Surely nobody - and the Veeg means, nobody - thinks the name TNA Wrestling has any positive brand equity at this point, why not do a whole new thing? Go straight up Impact Wrestling, Wrestle American Revolution (because WAR is a great acronym), fucking whatever. Seems like a missed opportunity. The 1.1 million people that watch every single week won't care, and the few people who used to watch it associate it mostly with people that are no longer there. Your AJ Styles's and Jeff Jarretts. It has no positive brand. Start over.

How dare you insult the great name of WAR with TNA? Tenryu would guh punch you for that.

• Like 1

On a more important level, why wouldn't they take this opportunity to rebrand? Surely nobody - and the Veeg means, nobody - thinks the name TNA Wrestling has any positive brand equity at this point, why not do a whole new thing? Go straight up Impact Wrestling, Wrestle American Revolution (because WAR is a great acronym), fucking whatever. Seems like a missed opportunity. The 1.1 million people that watch every single week won't care, and the few people who used to watch it associate it mostly with people that are no longer there. Your AJ Styles's and Jeff Jarretts. It has no positive brand. Start over.

I like this idea.  I'd also go all-out Southern wrasslin'.  I'd fill that roster up with hillbillies, cowboys, survivalists, lumberjacks, swamp people.  Lots of brawling, gimmickry, cussin', drinking.

I like this idea. I'd also go all-out Southern wrasslin'. I'd fill that roster up with hillbillies, cowboys, survivalists, lumberjacks, swamp people. Lots of brawling, gimmickry, cussin', drinking.

Eric Young sure sounded like a hillbilly on the Austin show, team him with Storm for a Canadian redneck army.

I'm gonna start fighting people for sullying the name of BBQ Pitmasters.

They should help promote it by having the Knockouts wrestle in BBQ sauce.

Not for nothin', I was crazy about the first season of that show, when it was a straightforward documentary sort of deal.

The current reality game show deal, less so. Love me some Myron Mixon though.

Hillbilly Blood is a fun show on DA as well. It's basically two rednecks who Macguiver stuff like building a motorized scooter from a lawn mower engine and microwave parts for some cranky old woodsman.

But I echo the above statements. TNA is in a desperate need to really rebrand themselves to stand out. I too would go full on souther rasslin. Lots of brawls, guys getting piledrived on the floor. Basically stop screwing around and make James Storm the top guy he should have been two years ago.

From the PR it almost sound like the mythical "Behind The Scenes" reality series that always gets bandied about when people talk about what they want on WWEN.  Maybe an hour of BTS footage and an hour of wrestling?  If so, I would be intrigued enough to give it a month or so.