DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

So, basically the big news is that Vince and Triple H wouldn't return Kurt's calls?

I see it more as those two fucking with TNA to see if they would actually re-sign Kurt with no shows left. Cerebral Assassin, indeed.

Meltzer sounded rather bleak on WOR. Spike talks aren't going well and TNA are talking to some really minor channels that most haven't heard of. WGN is probably out since they're picking up that wrestling reality show.

Angle seems like he might be the type of person you don't want to beat online.  By that, I mean Angle seems like he might be the type of person to track you down in real life so he can angle slam you at work.

So the "TNA is going to resign with Spike" stuff was premature?

Meltzer sounded rather bleak on WOR. Spike talks aren't going well and TNA are talking to some really minor channels that most haven't heard of. WGN is probably out since they're picking up that wrestling reality show.

How could he sound bleak? They just signed Kurt Angle again!

• Like 1

Angle seems like he might be the type of person you don't want to beat online. By that, I mean Angle seems like he might be the type of person to track you down in real life so he can angle slam you at work.

So the "TNA is going to resign with Spike" stuff was premature?

Come on now, we all know the biggest problem with TNA is, of course, Premature Speculation.

I got thinking just now, what are they spending money on?

They pay the talent peanuts, they ccn rent out pretty small and cheap venues, they already own all their production equipment and ring and everything, they got rid of any big name talent they had, Jeff Hardy and Lashley have to be the last big contacts they have, why can't they survive on money being offered on top of international deals?

It makes me wonder where the money is going and all I can think is administrative costs. Is Dixie taking a six figure salary? What's Big John getting paid? I'm sure ROH would be perfectly fine with whatever deals they're being offered.

Apparently Destination America is now in serious talks with them.

It's got fairly low clearance (52% of households) and it's highest ever, record breaking number was the premiere of a show called Mountain Monsters which did a 0.81 and 473,000 viewers. Also, most people don't appear to have heard of it.

So, possibly better than nothing. But not good at all.

Apparently Destination America is now in serious talks with them.

It's got fairly low clearance (52% of households) and it's highest ever, record breaking number was the premiere of a show called Mountain Monsters which did a 0.81 and 473,000 viewers. Also, most people don't appear to have heard of it.

So, possibly better than nothing. But not good at all.

I have Cablevision and get Destination America. I wish I could say the same for ROH and SBG. It would be nice to watch ROH on cable after spending a shitload of money on their dvd's and tickets to live shows in the past.

I second what Mike said. I'll never ever forgive SBG for the anti-abortion ad they aired in ROH's commercial blocks during the last election that showed an aborted fetus and copy accusing President Obama of killing babies. It was by far the most disgusting and offensive ad I've ever seen.

The following was posted on Facebook in reply to a post about TNA and Destination America.  It is presented verbatim and without comment.

this has a Vince McMahon handwriting all over it he fears TNA wrestling so much is that he's buying up I bet TV time in TNA so they wouldn't renew their contracts the rumor is that Friday Night Smackdown is going to go to Thursday nights now and it just seems that Vince McMahon is behind this.only my opinion