DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

I saw a guy with a Combover Mohawk a couple of times. You'd think with the bald in the middle, he would have gone with the Road Warrior Hawk / Keith from the Prodigy double Mohawk, but no. Slick it all to the centre and spike it up high. Pray it doesn't rain, and try not to sweat.

• Like 1

There are ways to go bald gracefully.  

And then there's Bob Ryder.

It's not a wrestling thing, much as I'd like to somehow blame Hulk Hogan for the trend.  There's a guy at my gym who has gone bald on top, but keeps the sides long and wears it in a greasy-looking ponytail.  As someone who went bald at a fairly early age, I don't understand why people don't just admit they're bald and find a hairstyle that looks decent.  When you're bald/badly thinning on top, having hair on the sides is not going to convince anyone you are not bald.  Pathetic and in denial?  Possibly.  Hairy?  No

(Full disclosure.  I was noticing hair loss by the time i started college.  That is not a typo.  By the time I graduated college, I was getting increasingly shorter "shaves" from an electric clippers.  By the time, I hit my early 30's, I started shaving my own head completely bald twice a week.  I should have done that earlier.  The "cue ball" look works far better for me than the really-short-hair-on-sides-really-high-forehead look.) 

We can still blame Hulk Hogan. He should be blamed for more of the ill's of society.

* TNA X-Division Title Match: Samoa Joe vs. Low Ki vs. Kaz Hayashi

* Great Muta and Tajiri vs. Sanada and James Storm

* Bully Ray and Devon vs. Tommy Dreamer and Abyss

* EC3 vs. Ryota Hama

* MVP vs. Kazma Sakamoto

* Manik vs. Minoru Tanaka

* Havok vs. Velvet Sky

Guess this is the card. Not familiar with the Wrestle-1 guys. No Lashley, Roode, Wolves, Aries, Eric Young and others seems odd.

Every time I hear Bob Ryder's name, the only phrase my mind associates with it is "beefy, Ecstasy-addicted Abyss"

Every time I hear Bob Ryder's name, I get stuck trying to remember which member of AMW jerked it in front of Bob at his house on the reg in exchange for a push.

Allegedly Chris Harris?

* EC3 vs. Ryota Hama

* MVP vs. Kazma Sakamoto

* Havok vs. Velvet Sky

Guess this is the card. Not familiar with the Wrestle-1 guys. No Lashley, Roode, Wolves, Aries, Eric Young and others seems odd.

I think Tanaka appeared in TNA before, didn't he? At the PPV where Joe faced Lyger? Anyway he's an ex NJPW guy. Hama is a big fat dude that you can't help but love. I'm assuming you know Hayashi from his WCW days. Sakamoto I don't know.

Every time I hear Bob Ryder's name, the only phrase my mind associates with it is "beefy, Ecstasy-addicted Abyss"

Every time I hear Bob Ryder's name, I get stuck trying to remember which member of AMW jerked it in front of Bob at his house on the reg in exchange for a push.

Allegedly Chris Harris?

C'mon man, the lane was wide open for "Braden Walker... and he'll knock your teeth in." But yeah, same piece from that thread. I don't wanna even talk about it any further, I don't wanna get banned. I may be an old-school lurker, but I've only been posting for a year.

No TNA Title match period seems odd

Because they've already recorded title changes that happen after the PPV. 

Roode beats Lashley

Abyss/Storm beat the Wolves

Joe forfeits the belt due to injury and Low Ki wins it in a 4 way.

Finished watching the August TVs and Low-Ki is in a match for an X-Division Title shot and a graphic comes up on the lower third and Tenay plugs the X-Division One Night Only PPV.  The result of the main event of that PPV?  Low-Ki wins an X-Division Title shot.  The result of the Impact match?  Low-Ki wins an X-Division Title shot.

People might buy their taped PPVs if they made an attempt to tie them into the TVs instead of treating them like they exist in a vacuum.

I really don't like how they turned Sanada.  Instead of him quickly acquiescing to James Storm's bullying he should've stood up for himself, traded in the X-Division Title, got destroyed by Lashley, and then turned on Muta.  Instead Sanada just got bullied into joining, got raped in a shack in the woods and then got painted up like Muta from 1989 even though people who've only seen Muta in TNA have only seen him in a mask and don't have any perspective on face-painted Muta.  I do like how he works as fake Muta.  The face paint helps cover up his lack of facial expressions.

Then they could've done Lashley vs. Aries and wouldn't have had to do Lashley vs. Roode twice.

I don't know what's aired already so I'll just spoiler the rest

Instead of recruiting Davey Richards, Storm should've recruited Eddie Edwards since Edwards beats him on the World Cup One Night Only PPV so Storm would have had a legitimate reason to recruit him other than just playing mind games with The Wolves.  Not to mention it gives some relevance to a ONO PPV.

Abyss turning doesn't make any sense at this point.  3 turns this year and I don't even think he's been around that much.

Storm could've recruited Brittany who in turn lures Shaw over.  Shaw and Storm were also teammates on the World Cup PPV.  So in addition to The Wolves and The Hardys being in the title mix, add Gunner and Anderson in there since they've got history with both Storm and Shaw.  Could've even added in Melendez for six-mans against members of The Revolution.

* EC3 vs. Ryota Hama
* MVP vs. Kazma Sakamoto
* Havok vs. Velvet Sky

Muta/Tajiri vs. Sanada/Storm makes sense but everything else just seems random especially for what TNA tries to sell as their WrestleMania equivalent.

I like Kazma but that's a weird match since he's also a heel.

Also,

Finally, Bound For Glory will feature a Wrestle-1 exclusive tag team matchup with Andy Wu & Hijo Del Pantera vs Kuroshio Ikemen Jiro & Yusuke Kodama.

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/6102-TNA-Takes-Bound-For-Glory-To-Japan-Full-Details-Here

I like how the accompanying video is a showcase for a guy not on the card.

Lashley as World Champ is easily the best thing TNA has had in a while and it was all accidental because MVP got hurt.

No TNA Title match period seems odd

Because they've already recorded title changes that happen after the PPV. 

Roode beats Lashley

Abyss/Storm beat the Wolves

Joe forfeits the belt due to injury and Low Ki wins it in a 4 way.

Is Joe legitimately hurt? I honestly didn't hear a thing about that

Fuck. I spend more time goofing on TNA than I do watching it but if there's even a spark of anything good-to-great in their company, it's that guy. I hear his deal's up soon. Even if he's a bit old to pop up on NXT, maybe they can find him a spot training dudes. If not, I hope he finds something, man. NJPW, ROH, GFW, whatever. Just bums me out to see my guy wasted like this

Just as I was getting into Impact again, my cable company Suddenlink, dropped all the Viacom channels, including Spike. I guess I could go to youtube to see it, but it's just not the same. (okay, I'm gonna miss Teenwolf too).