DVDVR Message Board

TNA NEWS and DISCUSSION THREAD

jaedmc

According to Pro Wrestling Dot Net, TNA President Dixie Carter addressed the locker room regarding the company's TV situation at one point during the Impact tapings in Bethlehem, PA. Dixie told the wrestlers that she believes they will have a TV home on January 7th and expressed happiness with Impact airing on Wednesday nights.

Multiple TNA sources believe a new TV deal could be announced as early as this week, though one source believes it could be closer to Bound For Glory time in October before anything is finalized. The most popular network name floating around the TNA locker room was WGN America.

The feeling of some within the company is that Dixie may have dropped a hint at negotiations with WGN back on September 10th. "Nothing like showers and high winds to impact traffic and my hair in the Windy City this am," she wrote on Twitter. While there's no telling what she was doing in Chicago that day, the locker room speculation stems from the fact that WGN America is owned by Tribune Media Company, which is based in Chicago. The Velocity network has also been rumored, and Spike TV has claimed to be in negotiations with TNA.

No Lashley at BFG according to Jimmy Suzuki from W-1:

Some internet sights say Bobby Lashley will be at the BFG but that's wrong !! We would lake to be honest to fans and don't take it wrong.

From TNA's site:

See your favorites in action from the land of the rising sun, including Lashley, MVP, Samoa Joe, Cowboy James Storm, The Great Sanada, EC3, Abyss, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Bram, Manik and more!

Bram.  Nobody's favorite is Bram.

The innovative young minds behind TNA's biggest PPV of the year:

ByTXgWtIgAAP9Wg.jpg

https://twitter.com/JimmySuzuki1/status/514773209322098688/photo/1

Tenay, Ryder, Vader's grandpa, Fat Andy Capp, Suzuki

They should give me the book.  Following the integration and utilization of my theory of Stud Stablization, I feel confident that everything will be running at peak optimization in no time.

First, a change in the broadcast booth.  New team of Josh Mathews, Mongo McMichael, and J. Puppet Levescue.  Mike Tenay knows who J. Puppet Levescue is.  It's the former Puppet H.

Every week, Mongo berates J. Puppet's wardrobe choices.

"Oh, look at that no good J. Puppet over there, dressed up like a cowboy.  You must have rocks in your head, baby, if you're over there supporting James Storm and his Revolution, baby.  And lemme tell all you good folks out there in TV wonderland something, baby, listen to Mongo, baby, you ain't gonna find action like this anywhere else so keep it tuned in right here to Impact, baby!"

• Like 4

There are ways to go bald gracefully.  

And then there's Bob Ryder.

It's not a wrestling thing, much as I'd like to somehow blame Hulk Hogan for the trend.  There's a guy at my gym who has gone bald on top, but keeps the sides long and wears it in a greasy-looking ponytail.  As someone who went bald at a fairly early age, I don't understand why people don't just admit they're bald and find a hairstyle that looks decent.  When you're bald/badly thinning on top, having hair on the sides is not going to convince anyone you are not bald.  Pathetic and in denial?  Possibly.  Hairy?  No

(Full disclosure.  I was noticing hair loss by the time i started college.  That is not a typo.  By the time I graduated college, I was getting increasingly shorter "shaves" from an electric clippers.  By the time, I hit my early 30's, I started shaving my own head completely bald twice a week.  I should have done that earlier.  The "cue ball" look works far better for me than the really-short-hair-on-sides-really-high-forehead look.)